A detailed guide on how to personalize and add the Edge sidebar to Windows
The Edge sidebar is a consequence of Microsoft’s ongoing effort to enhance and add functionality to its Edge browser. Getting access to essential websites and apps has been made easier with the use of this sidebar, and in this guide, we will look at various ways to personalize and add the Edge sidebar to Windows.
1. Add a site to the Edge sidebar
You may easily visit websites with the push of a button by adding them to the Edge sidebar. It provides a way to include some regularly frequented websites, such as Netflix, YouTube, Gmail, Amazon, and WhatsApp. You can also add a website using its URL by following the steps below.
- Launch Edge and click the plus icon on the right-hand side.
- Now select the sites that you find. Doing this will move the site from the menu and add it to the Edge sidebar.
- If you do not see the site you seek, click on Show more to get more options.
- Once you see the required site, click on it to add it to your Edge sidebar.
2. Add a current page to the Edge sidebar
Using the sidebar, it is also quite easy to add a currently opened page to the Edge sidebar. To do this, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the page you want to add and open the customizable sidebar menu.
- Next, select Add current page.
- Doing this will add the page to the Edge sidebar.
3. Add Apps to the Edge Sidebar
Using the customize sidebar icon, you can also add or remove programs like Microsoft 365, Outlook, and Skype. You will also be able to use all of the Microsoft Office applications, view your Outlook email, search without losing your spot, and more.
- Launch Microsoft Edge and click the plus icon.
- Go down to the Manage section and turn the toggle on or off (turning the toggle on will make the app display in the Edge sidebar while turning it off will make it disappear).
- You can also remove the app by right-clicking on it and choosing Hide from sidebar.
- Doing this will remove the program from the Edge sidebar.
4. Auto-hide Edge sidebar
Microsoft Edge’s sidebar can be turned off via the Settings menu, but you can also utilize the auto-hide feature to swiftly remove it. This option won’t disable the sidebar but will only conceal it and it will still be accessible through the Discover menu. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Launch Microsoft Edge and click the Auto-hide sidebar icon.
- Doing this will make the Edge sidebar disappear.
- If you want to make the sidebar visible again, just press Ctrl + Shift + Spacebar, then choose the Always show sidebar icon.
- This will make the Edge sidebar visible once again.
Wrapping things up
We have gone through several ways to personalize and add the Edge sidebar to Windows, and we hope you see how beneficial this feature is in allowing you to manage your workspace more efficiently. If for some reason your Microsoft Edge fails to work properly, check out the linked article for solutions.
If you need further guidance on how to use this feature, reach out to us via the comment section below.