All you need to know about agent activation runtime starter execution file
Safe to say you are here because you seek enlightenment about agentactivationruntimestarter.exe. Many users wonder if the file is genuine. Like many users, you wonder if the file is genuine, especially since it has no description. In this guide, we will answer your questions and bring you every relevant info on it.
What is agentactivationruntimestarter.exe?
The agentactivationruntimestarter.exe file is an executable file for activating conversational agent applications. This file may also have an accompanying DLL. It is a legitimate Microsoft Windows file.
While the file is genuine, malicious software or virus can sometimes target it. The virus creators may do this by creating malicious codes using the same file name. Hence, you must confirm that the version on your system is genuine and not malware.
What does agentactivationruntimestarter.exe do?
This file functions primarily to do the following tasks:
- Starts the Agent Activation Runtime service.
- This service manages the activation of Cortana and other voice activation features.
Where is agentactivationruntimestarter.exe located?
Is agentactivationruntimestarter.exe Safe?
The short and straightforward answer is yes! It is safe. This file is a legitimate file of Windows. However, we caution that you should be vigilant. Some malware can come with the same name. Be careful not to download it from an unknown malicious website.
Should I uninstall agentactivationruntimestarter.exe?
You can uninstall it if you wish. Here are some of the reasons you may want to:
- High CPU usage.
- Loss of functionality.
- Compatibility issues with other software or drivers.
- Application conflicts
If you run into problems because of this file, it is up to you to decide whether to leave it or uninstall it. However, after uninstalling it, these are a couple of errors that you may expect:
- It can lead to an application error message that may occur because of a problem relating to the file, like corruption or a missing file.
- It can cause a not-found error message. This error means the file is missing from the system or has been accidentally deleted.
- It can cause an error stating that the file stopped working. You can encounter this error while running Cortana.
- It can result in an access violation error message which can occur when there is a problem with having access to the memory location that the agentactivationruntimestarter.exe file is trying to use.
- It can introduce issues such as system crashes, driver conflicts, or performance degradation.
How do I disable or uninstall agentactivationruntimestarter.exe?
- Press the ctrl + shift + esc keys together to open the system’s Task Manager.
- Then, open the Startup tab.
- Afterwards, right-click on Cortana and select Disable.
- Then press Windows + R to open the Run command, enter the
services.mscin the text field to launch Service Editor and click Enter.
- Once it opens, find Agent Activation Runtime. Then, right-click on the entry and choose Properties.
- Click on the drop-down option next to Startup type, then select the Disabled option.
- Lastly, click the Apply and Ok buttons to complete the settings.
In conclusion, the agentactivationruntimestarter.exe file is a valid file from Microsoft. It is neither a virus nor a malware. However, you may desire to uninstall it due to several reasons, such as too much memory usage or when you suspect that the version you have is malware.
If you have a further comment on this, you can do this by dropping a comment in our comment section below, and we will revert as soon as possible.