Modifying your sound settings should fix this problem
Everybody has experienced this problem where Alexa abruptly ends your conversation with it. Perhaps you are considering what you can do to try and stop this from happening, as this problem can be pretty frustrating for many people.
In this article, we will outline some essential steps you can take to fix this error effectively. In addition, if your Amazon Alexa is still not operating correctly, we’ll offer some troubleshooting guidance.
Why does my Alexa keep cutting out?
There are many reasons why Alexa could be cutting out. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Poor network connection – The most common cause for the Alexa keeps cutting out issue is a poor internet connection because Alexa relies heavily on a stable network connection.
- Hardware issues – If the cables or cords are not correctly connected to Alexa, you will often face this problem.
- Interference from other devices – You can also face this problem if Alexa is close to other devices like microwave ovens, baby monitors, or cordless phones. These devices could interfere with the Wi-Fi signal leading to this problem.
- Network congestion – If multiple devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network, this could lead to network congestion and cause this problem.
- Giving multiple commands – If you give Alexa different commands simultaneously, the device might struggle to keep up with all your requests leading to this problem.
What do I do if Alexa keeps cutting out when playing music?
We recommend trying out these workarounds before heading to our more comprehensive solutions.
- Verify your network connection – The first step is to check if your internet connection is strong and stable, as a weak connection usually leads to this problem.
- Restart Alexa – This simple but effective step will clear any glitches or bugs causing the problem.
- Verify that cables are properly connected – Ensure every cable is correctly connected to your device, as a loose connection will also lead to this error.
- Check for any physical or water damage – The Alexa-powered speaker may keep cutting off if it has suffered physical or water damage. It’s time to schedule a visit at the nearby service facility and have a professional examine the device.
1. Modify audio settings
- Launch your Alexa app and pick your Amazon device.
- Click the settings icon at the top right corner.
- Choose Audio Settings.
- Modify the Bass, Midrange, and Treble sliders for the best sound quality.
- After doing this, verify whether the echo dot keeps cutting out while playing music.
2. Verify streaming services on your device
If your preferred music streaming service has trouble, Amazon Echo sound keeps cutting out. Examine the network connection by opening your phone. To check for any issues with song streaming, you should also open Spotify or Amazon Music.
3. Register your account again
- Open the Alexa app and select your device.
- Go down and choose Deregister.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register your account again and check if the echo dot Bluetooth keeps cutting out.
4. Reset your device
- Long press the action button for 20 seconds.
- Allow the ring light to turn off and on again.
- Once your device goes into setup mode, follow the on-screen steps to set up your device again.
- Finally, verify if the Alexa cutting in and out problem persists.
In conclusion, following the steps listed in this article will help you overcome the Alexa keeps cutting out error and help you get back to enjoying your favorite music.
If this guide has been helpful, you should check out our other guide to fix Alexa Error 701 error.