For most readers, manually downloading the DLL will be the fastest solution
If you have ever encountered the Bdb DLL error, you know how annoying this issue can be. Many Windows users worldwide often complain about this problem because it can stop you from accessing specific programs on your device.
This article will cover what this error means and give effective troubleshooting techniques to combat this annoying problem. We will also tell you about some of the major causes of this problem to avoid them in the future.
What is bdb DLL?
The Bdb DLL is a Dynamic Link Library that stores codes and information for Windows programs. These files help save system memory by simultaneously making codes available for use by different programs.
As effective as the DLL files are, they are still vulnerable to many problems and virus attacks, making them display the bdb.dll not found error message. Some of the major causes for this error include:
- Missing DLL files – This is a common cause for the DLL error since the required files for a program to run are missing.
- Damaged or corrupted system file – A corrupted or damaged system file will also cause you to encounter this problem.
- Virus or malware infection – A Virus or malware attack is another major cause of this error because DLL files can be very vulnerable to virus attacks.
- Outdated Windows – If you run on an outdated Windows operating system, you will frequently encounter this error.
- Outdated or damaged drivers – If your system drivers are outdated or damaged, you will face this problem
- Damaged or corrupted DLL files – If your DLL files are corrupted or damaged, this error will occur frequently
Now that we have covered some of the most common reasons for this error let us look at some troubleshooting techniques to overcome this problem.
What do I do if bdb dll is not found?
1. Run the system file checker (SFC)
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, hold Ctrl + Shift simultaneously and hit Enter to open the command prompt with administrative privilege.
- Copy and paste the following command below in the command prompt and hit Enter.
sfc / scannow
- Give the process some time to finish repairing your files.
- Verify to know if the problem has been fixed.
2. Update system drives
- Open your Settings app by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneously.
- Once in the Settings window, pick the Windows Update tab on the left pane and choose Advanced options on the right.
- Choose the Optional updates option in the Advanced options window.
- If you discover any new update, choose it and click the Download & install button.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
3. Download or reinstall Bdb.dLL
- To get the Bdb DLL download in Windows, go to DLL-FILES.COM.
- Input bdb.dll in the text field to search for your DLL file, then click the Search DLL file button.
- Click your DLL file from the result.
- Read the description for your DLL file, then click on the Download button to begin downloading.
- After going through the download and installation process, check if the problem has been fixed.
4. Use a DLL repair tool to automatically fix this problem
There are many DLL repair tools available on the internet that you can use to fix the bdb.dLL missing error automatically but many of these sites come with malicious software which could compromise your system.
With this in mind, we have researched the internet extensively to give you only the best available DLL repair tools for your PC. These tools have been tested to work perfectly and are trusted by many worldwide.
5. Update your Windows OS
- Open your Settings app by holding the Windows + I keys together, then select Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Update on the left pane, then click the Check for updates button.
- Install updates if they are available.
- Check if the problem has been resolved.
6. Scan your system
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings app then choose Update & Security.
- In the next window, pick Windows Security on the left pane and Virus & threat protection on the right.
- Choose Scan options in the Virus & threat protection window.
- Click the radio button next to the Full scan option and click the Scan now button.
- Leave this process to complete scanning and verify if the problem has been fixed.
In conclusion, following the steps listed in this article will help you overcome the Bdb DLL was not found error and get your device up and running in no time.
Work through as many solutions as possible until you find the best solution for your device.