Resetting your device should be your last resort
Blocked from originating messages is a common error faced by many users worldwide. It makes sense to occasionally text rather than call clients, spouses, or friends because everyone else is busy. Text messages have gained popularity over time because one doesn’t need to leave a meeting or a class to respond.
But recently, many people have had various issues, including the common blocked from originating messages error. Many of these people are unaware of what is happening or what they can do to change it, that is why in this article, we will give you some solutions to fix this error.
Why do I get the error you have been blocked from originating messages?
There are many reasons why you could be experiencing this problem. Some of the most common causes include:
- Improper configuration settings – If the settings on your phone are not configured correctly, you will have problems sending messages.
- Problem with the phone – Your carrier or mobile device may be at fault if you can’t message all your contacts.
- Verify profile with the carrier – You might see this error message if the phone number on your device and your carrier’s profile do not match.
- Interference from apps – This message error and other bugs in Google apps can occasionally prevent you from sending a text.
- The recipient has blocked you – This error message may appear if the person on the other end has blocked your number. Verify to see if the person intentionally or unintentionally blocked your phone number.
Now that we know some of the most common causes of this error, let us look at some practical solutions to fix this error.
How do I fix you have been blocked from originating messages?
Try out these quick workarounds to fix this error.
- Restart your phone – This is a very effective step to take, as this will help remove any bugs or glitches causing the problem.
- Verify if you have been blocked – Ask the receiver if he or she has blocked you by mistake. If this is the case, unblocking your line will fix this problem.
- Reinsert your SIM card – Take out your SIM and reinsert it again. This can help fix this error.
- Relaunch the messaging app – Restart the messaging app and see if the problem has been fixed.
- Use another phone – This error could be specific to your device, so using a different phone could fix this problem.
If the steps above do not work, follow the solutions listed below.
1. Enable auto network selection
- Launch Settings and choose Mobile network.
- Click on the required SIM.
- Choose Carrier.
- Click the Auto select toggle to turn on automatic selection.
- Next, click the toggle for Auto switch data SIM.
- Finally, check to see if the blocked from originating messages error persists.
2. Reset your network settings
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Additional settings.
- Select Back up and reset.
- Click on Reset phone.
- Now select Reset network settings.
- Finally click on Reset Settings.
- Check to see if the blocked from originating messages error has been fixed.
3. Remove data and cache from the application
- Open Settings on your device and click Apps.
- Once you get to the following menu, select App management.
- Go down and choose Messages.
- Click Storage usage.
- Once you reach the next menu, click Clear data and select Clear cache.
- Finally, click OK, then check if the blocked from originating messages error persists.
4. Update your device
- Open Settings on your device.
- Navigate to About device.
- Locate System Update, and select Check for updates. If any update is available, download it.
5. Check the format
Check your text’s formatting. Even in 2023, some carriers still do not support MMS or text-based emojis. Therefore, there is a good chance that your carrier does not support sending emojis to someone if you do so and encounter this error.
You would then need to switch carriers or, at the very least, seek clarification from them regarding the situation.
6. Reset your phone
- Ensure to back up your data before following this step. Go to Settings and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Back up and reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- Next, click the Erase all data option.
- Choose Erase data.
- After performing this process, verify whether the error has been resolved.
In conclusion, if you have followed this article to this point, you should know how to effectively troubleshoot the blocked from originating messages error. Try as many solutions as possible until you find one that works well for you.
You can also check out this cool article about fixing errors on Facebook Messenger.