Comprehensive guide on the changepk.exe file and how to effectively use it
This article will talk about an executable file known as changepk.exe. You probably have encountered this file, so you are reading this guide. We will break down everything you need to know concerning this file, so stay with us until the end.
What is changepk.exe?
The changepk.exe file is a legitimate command line utility used by professionals to change the product key for Windows, and it performs the functions listed below.
- It can be used to change the product key for your Windows device.
- It can be used to reset the product key for a Windows device. This is especially useful when you forget a device’s product key.
- It can also be used to view the current product key for your Windows device.
How do I use changepk.exe?
Use the command prompt
1.1 Specify a product key
- Hold the Windows + R keys together, type cmd in the text field then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Use the command below to specify the product key on your Windows OS. Replace product key with the required product key.
changepk.exe /p [product key]
- This process should change the product key to the one you specified.
1.2 View the current product key
- Open the command prompt in administrator mode by following the steps in the solution above.
- Once you are in the command prompt, input the command below.
- Running this command will display the current product key for your Windows OS.
1.3 Reset your Windows OS product key
- Open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- In the command prompt, paste the following command.
- This command will help you reset the product key for your device.
1.4 Delete product key
- Launch the command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Write or paste the command below in the command prompt.
- Running this command will remove the product key for your Windows OS.
This brings us to the end of this guide. We hope the information highlighted in this article was useful in helping you know more about the changepk.exe file and how to effectively use it.
For further questions, talk to us via the comment section below. We are always happy to respond to you.