Efficiently Troubleshoot and Resolve Your Chrome Error in No Time!
This article intends to provide insight into how to fix the issue of incorrect side-by-side configuration in Google Chrome. Whether you recently updated Chrome or noticed that the two-way configuration on your browser isn’t quite working correctly, this article will help you set things straight.
We will also explore what this problem is. In addition, we will see what could be causing the issue in the first place, so you can equip yourself better to avoid future problems.
Why am I getting side by side configuration is incorrect in Chrome?
Side-by-side configuration is incorrect and can occur in Chrome when a 64-bit program tries to run a 32-bit program or vice versa. It can also happen when an older program version tries to run on a newer version of Windows.
This error can lead to Google Chrome not working, or you could notice that Chrome failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. The possible causes of this problem may include one or more of the following:
- Hardware Acceleration: One of the causes of side-by-side configuration problems on Chrome is hardware acceleration settings.
- Outdated Chrome version: Another common cause of side-by-side errors in Chrome is an out-of-date version.
- Add-ons: Third-party add-ons or extensions can also cause side-by-side errors in Chrome.
- Corrupted system files: Another possible cause of side-by-side configuration error is corrupt system files. This issue usually occurs when you install or update an application.
- Misconfigured Chrome settings: Misconfigured settings in Chrome can also cause side-by-side configuration errors.
- Network Restrictions: Your network may block access to specific ports or protocols used for side-by-side configurations.
- Incorrect URL: Ensure the URL provided in the Side By Side configuration is correct.
- Certificate Error: Certificate errors can cause a Side By Side configuration to fail.
How do I fix the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Chrome?
There are several solutions we have listed below, but try all these prefixes first before the solutions:
- Reinstall Chrome: Reinstalling Chrome may help fix the issue. This step will reset all the settings and files related to Chrome.
- Restart Computer: Since this error often occurs because of misconfiguration or corruption, try restarting your computer and then launching Chrome.
- Uninstall Recent Updates: There may be some updates you recently installed that may be causing this error.
- Disable Unwanted Programs: Stop or remove programs you are currently not using.
1. Update Visual C++
- Open the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update package download page in your browser, then download by clicking the Download button.
- Then, make your pic between the vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) architecture or the vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) architecture as compatible with your PC.
- When the download is successful, launch File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys simultaneously.
- When it opens, open the folder containing the Visual C++ you downloaded.
- Then, click on the Visual C++ package you downloaded to launch the installer.
- Finally, please select the I agree option and click the Install button.
2. Update the OS
- Firstly, press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings or open by clicking the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Then click the Windows Update option and the Check for updates button to find new updates.
- If Windows has a latest update, it will automatically detect it. Follow the instructions to update Windows.
- Finally, restart your computer.
3. Use Windows Security
- Press the Windows + S hotkeys simultaneously and enter the search word Windows Security. Then open the app.
- After opening, click Virus & threat protection option.
- Then, use the Scan options to see all available scans.
- When the Windows Security page opens, choose the Full scan option and click Scan now to deep scan the computer for viruses or malware.
4. Run System File Checker scan
- Press the Windows and S keys simultaneously and enter Command Prompt in the text field.
- Then, select Run as administrator on the right side to open Command prompt as an admin.
- When prompted, Click on Yes on the User Account Control prompt.
- When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following command and hit the Enter key to start an SFC scan:
- Afterward, enter the command below and press the Enter key to execute the command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Finally, it would be best to restart your computer to implement repairs.
5. Update your browser
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Secondly, hover over the Help option.
- Then click on the About Google Chrome option.
- The browser will scan the browser to see if the latest version is installed.
- If not, then it will install a new version of the browser.
In the final analysis, this article that addresses the issue of side-by-side configuration is incorrect in Chrome is a valuable resource for those experiencing issues with their web browser. With this tutorial, users can learn about the causes and fixes of this particular error message.