Ending the ClipRenew.exe file in the Task Manager will solve the high CPU usage problem
Many Windows users are usually curious about the various processes that run on their devices. We have talked about many of these processes, like BitLockerDeviceEncryption.exe and BioIso.exe, but in this article, we will move to another important file known as ClipRenew.exe.
We will cover everything there is to know about this file so that you know how to use it effectively.
What is ClipRenew.exe?
ClipRenew.exe serves as a valid Windows executable component employed by Microsoft to renew the license for the Windows Clip Organizer.
This deprecated software was instrumental in facilitating the storage and organization of various media clips, including screenshots, images, and audio files. It is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
What do I do if ClipRenew.exe is using a lot of CPU resources?
1. End the process in your Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open the Task Manager.
- Scroll down and locate ClipRenew.exe, right-click on it, and choose End task.
- This process should fix the high CPU usage problem.
2. Scan for malware
- Press Windows + S to bring up the search bar, type Windows Security in the text field, and choose the relevant option.
- Next, click the Virus & threat protection option.
- Now, click Scan options to view all available options.
- Click the radio button next to the Full scan option, and select Scan now to begin the scan.
- This process might take a while to complete, but in the end, any malicious program causing high CPU usage will be removed.
3. Update your Windows operating system
- Press the Windows icon and select the Settings option.
- Select Windows Update on the left-hand side of your screen and click the Check for updates button on the right.
- If you discover any available update, download and install it.
We hope the information outlined in this guide helps help you understand what the ClipRenew.exe file means and how to troubleshoot errors associated with the file effectively.