Performing a system restore should help resolve errors with the cmmon32.exe file
In this article, we will discuss an executable file called cmmon32.exe. This file is a critical component of the Microsoft Connection Manager; learning about it is necessary.
We will explore everything you need to know about this process and also get to know how to troubleshoot errors associated with it. To learn about other executable files, check out Bash.exe and BioIso.exe.
What is CMMon32?
Cmmon32 also known as cmmon32.exe is a legitimate Windows process that belongs to the Microsoft Connection Manager tasked with the responsibility of overseeing the status of all active connections and monitoring the connection manager.
The Microsoft Connection Manager is an array of utilities that allows users to create personalized remote access connections and phone books. Some important functions of cmmon32.exe include:
- Monitoring the status of all active connections.
- Initiating and terminating connections.
- Managing the connection manager.
- Providing status information to other applications.
- Logging connection events.
How do I fix cmmon32.exe errors?
1. Run the SFC scan
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, and hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter simultaneously to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Once you are in the command prompt, type the command below and hit Enter.
- Allow this command to run. After completing it, check whether the cmmon32.exe error has been resolved.
2. Run a virus scan
- Press Windows + S simultaneously to open the Search bar, type Windows Security in the text field, and choose the relevant option.
- Choose Virus & threat protection in the next menu.
- Next, click on Scan options to see all available options.
- Select Full scan from the list of options and hit the Scan now button to begin the process.
- After the scan is complete, check to see if the problem has been fixed.
3. Carry out a system update
- Press Windows + I together and select the Settings option.
- Next, select the Windows Update option on the left side and click the Check for updates button on the top right corner of your screen.
- If you find any available update, download and install it.
- This process should resolve any error related to the cmmon32.exe file.
4. Perform a system restore
- Press Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue, type rstrui in the text field and hit Enter.
- Pick Choose a different restore point in the System Restore wizard.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Choose the required restore point and click Next.
- Allow this process to run completely, then click Finish when it is done.
5. Carry out a disk cleanup
- Press Windows + E simultaneously to open the File Explorer.
- Right-click on your main directory (usually C:) and choose Properties.
- In the Local Disk Properties menu, choose Disk Cleanup.
- This process should help fix any error associated with cmmon32.exe.
We hope that the information contained in this article provided useful information for you. If you have further questions or an additional solution for this error, let us know in the comment section below.