Quick Troubleshooting Solutions for the CODEX 64 DLL Not Found Error
Codex64.dll is a shared library file commonly used to support many popular programs. However, it’s common for a user to experience issues with Codex64.dll missing or not found errors. These errors can prevent you from running some programs or from using certain features of those programs.
However, you can fix this error in many ways. This article will see five of the most common and effective methods for resolving this issue. We will also take you through several possible reasons why you are experiencing the error so that you can avoid them in the future.
What is codex64.dll?
The codex64.dll DLL file, created by the ACME corporation, is not part of the Windows operating system. It contains instructions, procedures, and drivers for specific games and applications running on the Windows operating system.
Why is codex64.dll missing on my computer?
There are several reasons the codex64.dll file may be missing on your computer, and they may include the following:
- Malware or Virus: Removing the codex64.dll file accidentally or maliciously by malware can cause the error.
- Hardware Failure: An hardware failure or system instability may corrupt or delete the file.
- The version of the app: If the application or system requires the codex64.dll file, it may be missing if you do not install the recent version of the app.
- Outdated Windows: It could be missing due to missing or incomplete Windows updates.
- Broken installation or download: Once the codex64.dll file was missing on installation, it could result from an incomplete installation or download.
How do I fix missing codex64 dll?
Use the following prefixes first before diving into the main solutions:
- Repair DLL Files: Using the correct DLL repair tools to fix a missing codex64.dll typically provides a more comprehensive solution than simply locating and replacing the file manually.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Affected App: This fix will replace the corrupted files and replace them with fresh, working versions of the required library.
- Refresh Concerned App: By refreshing concerned app data, you can restore and reinstall the necessary files for the application to run.
- Rename Affected App: Renaming the application can be beneficial in fixing a missing codex64.dll because it may prevent the system from trying to load the missing DLL when launching the application.
- Confirm Windows OS is updated: This can help prevent compatibility issues or security vulnerabilities associated with an out-of-date version.
- Delete affected App: You should delete any program, app, or game causing that error to occur and reinstall it.
- Use Registry Cleaner: Ensure you clean and optimize your registry with the appropriate registry cleaner.
1. Manually install codex64.dll
- Firstly, open the DLL download website.
- Then, search for the codex64.dll to install using the search field to find the file.
- When the results display, click on the file link.
- When you see the available DLL files, choose the latest file most suitable for your computer and click Download.
- After download, unzip the file and copy it to the program’s directory where the DLL file has been missing.
- Or you can move the DLL file to the system directory following the paths:
- After that, restart the computer.
2. Scan for virus using SFC
- Hold the Windows + S keys at once on your keyboard, type cmd into the text box, and click on Run as an administrator on the Command Prompt app action menu.
- Once Command Prompts opens, paste the command below into the console and hit Enter:
- Lastly, restart PC as soon as the scanning process is complete.
3. Check for hardware error
- Firstly, press the Windows and S buttons on your keyboard, search for cmd, and choose Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key:
chkdsk /f /r
- Finally, enter Y, restart your PC so the utility can check for file system errors, and search and shield bad sectors.
4. Update Visual C++
- Start the download page for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update package in your browser, then click the Download button when it opens.
- Then select a vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) download architecture option, depending on your PC.
- When the download completes, start File Explorer by pushing the Windows & E keys simultaneously.
- Then open the folder that contains the Visual C++ you just downloaded.
- After that, click on the Visual C++ package setup to launch the installer.
- Lastly, tick the I agree checkbox and select Install to initiate installation.
5. Perform a system restore
- Firstly, press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog on your PC and type
rstrui. Press Enter after to open it.
- Click on Choose a different restore point when the System Restore wizard opens.
- Then click on the Next button to continue.
- On the next window, choose your restore point and click Next.
- Allow the process to run and complete.
- Finally, click Finish when the restore is complete.
The codex64.dll not found or missing error can be frustrating to troubleshoot, but luckily, you can solve it with a few simple steps. Taking the steps in this guide can help you resolve the issue quickly and without further stress.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article! We appreciate your interest and would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.