We recommend starting with a manual download of the file
If you are a PC game enthusiast, you might have encountered the error message which says D3dx9_25 DLL not found. You are not alone in this predicament, as many gamers worldwide have encountered the Age of Empires 3 d3dx9_25.dll Not Found error.
In this article, we will help you understand what the D3dx9_25 DLL Not Found error means, what causes this error, and also provide you with several troubleshooting techniques to overcome this problem. So without further delay, let’s get right into it.
Where to install d3dx9_25 dll?
The location of your DLL files also plays a vital role in the proper functioning of your files. Generally, the d3dx9_25.dll files should be installed on your PC in the Windows system folder.
However, some other programs, especially PC games, require that you store the files in the game/application installation folder.
What do I do if d3dx9_25 dll is missing?
Before trying the solutions listed in this article, we recommend restarting your system, as this can help resolve many errors or glitches on your device. You should also use any efficient DLL file repair software. If this process does not work, go ahead with the solutions below.
1. Reinstall the problematic program
- Launch the Run dialogue by holding the Windows + R keys simultaneously, type cmd in the text field, and press Enter.
- Input the following command in the command prompt and hit Enter.
- In the Programs and Features window, click the program you want to repair, then hit the Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling the program.
- Lastly, reinstall the program you uninstalled and check if the problem has been fixed.
2. Download the d3dx9_25 DLL manually
- Go to DLL-FILES.COM to download your DLL file manually.
- Input d3dx9_25.dll in the text field, then click the Search DLL file button.
- Choose your DLL file from the list of options.
- Go through the DLL file description, then hit the Download button.
- After downloading and installing the DLL file, check if the problem has been fixed.
3. Update your video card drivers
- Hold the Windows + X keys and select the Device Manager.
- Click the little downward-facing arrow next to the Display adapters option to see more options, right-click on the driver you want, and click the Update driver option.
- Allow your device to update your drivers and check if the problem has been fixed.
We have written an extensive guide on how to update drivers on the Windows 11 operating system.
4. Update to the latest version of DirectX
- Navigate to the DirectX download page to get this update.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your preferred language then hit the Download button.
- Open the dxwebsetup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Reboot your computer to implement the changes you have made.
5. Use DLL repair tools to fix this problem
You can use many DLL repair tools to fix this error automatically, but many are unsafe. Due to this reason, we have gone online and extensively researched the best DLL repair tools available online that you could safely use to fix this problem.
6. Scan your system for malware
- Open Settings app by holding the Windows + I keys simultaneously, then choose Update & Security.
- Once in the Settings app, click Windows Security on the left side and select Virus & threat protection on the right pane.
- Choose the Scan options.
- Select the Full scan option and click the Scan now button.
- After the scan is complete, check if the problem has been resolved.
7. Use the system file checker
- Hold the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text box, then press Ctrl + Shift keys together and hit the Enter button.
- Type or paste the command below in the command prompt and click Enter.
- Allow the scan to finish then check to see if the error is gone.
8. Make use of the system restore
- Open the Run dialogue by holding the Windows + R keys simultaneously, type rstrui.exe in the text box then click OK or Enter.
- Click the radio button next to the Choose a different restore point option and hit the Next button.
- Choose a restore point that goes way back before you started experiencing this problem, then hit the Next button.
- Lastly, hit the Finish button to apply these changes.
If you are still reading this article till this point, by now you should have been able to resolve the d3dx9_25 dll is missing erorr. Ensure to try as many solutions as possible till you find one that works best for you.
Tell us in the comment section below which of the solutions in this article worked best for you.