Fixing the Missing D3dx9_26.DLL Error in a Few Easy Steps
Getting an error message stating that d3dx9_26.dll is not found when you try to launch a program can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to fix this issue. This article will discuss the different methods to resolve the DLL error.
We will also provide tips that can help you prevent this problem from happening again in the future. In addition, we will also know what d3dx9_26.dll is, why we need it the most, and why you may need it in the computer system.
What is a D3dx9_26 DLL file?
The d3dx9_26.dll file is a part of the Microsoft DirectX graphics component. It contains functions for Direct3D applications and games, such as 3D modeling, animation, and image manipulation. This file is vital for graphics acceleration and animation design in many PC games.
The reasons it may encounter errors may include the following causes:
- Virus/Malware: This DLL file may be missing or corrupted due to a virus or malware infection.
- Deleted or moved: You may accidentally delete or move the DLL file from its original location. Doing this can expose your system to errors.
- Outdated or corrupt drivers: The driver on your system may also be out-of-date or corrupt. Doing this can cause the DLL file to become missing or corrupt.
- DirectX update: The computer may be missing a required update for DirectX. Doing this can cause the DLL file to be missing or corrupt.
- Poor Internet: The computer may also have a poor internet connection. Doing this can cause the download of the DLL file to fail.
These problems can cause a lot of frustration. Thankfully, you can lift those frustrations with the solutions in this guide. Follow the instructions faithfully and solve the problem promptly.
How can I fix a missing d3dx9_26.dll?
1. Scan for malware
- Push the Windows + S keys down simultaneously, and type Windows Security in the search field. Then open the Windows Security application.
- After opening, click on the Virus & threat protection option.
- Thirdly, click Scan options to see all available scans.
- On the next display, choose the Full scan option, then click Scan now to do a deep scan on your computer for viruses or malware.
2. Update graphics drivers
- Firstly, simultaneously hold down the Windows and X keys to start the Quick Link menu.
- Secondly, click on Device Manager or press M to start the tool.
- Thirdly, expand the Display drivers option to view the available graphic driver(s) and right-click on it.
- After that, select the Update driver option.
- Lastly, restart your PC.
3. Perform system restore
- Firstly, depress the Windows + R hotkeys to start the Run dialog box on your computer and type
- Then, press the Enter key on your keyboard to open it.
- Afterward, click on the Choose a different restore point radio button to select it when the System Restore wizard opens.
- Then, click on the Next button to continue with the restore process.
- Once the next window opens, select your restore point and click Next.
- Then, allow the process to run and wait for it to finish.
- Finally, click Finish when the restore is complete.
4. Download the DLL file manually
- First and foremost, launch the DLL download website on your browser.
- Then, enter the search entity d3dx9_26.dll into the search box.
- Once the search returns results, click on the link for the appropriate DLL file.
- In the list of DLL files, search out the current file most applicable to your system and click Download to download the DLL file.
- Unzip the downloaded DLL file, copy the unzipped file and paste in the appropriate directory accordingly.
- Or you can just move the DLL file to the system directory using any of the paths in the next line:
- Finally, restart the computer.
5. Update Windows
- Firstly, press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings or do it with the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Once Settings opens, select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button to discover new updates.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions step by step to install the update.
- Finally, restart your computer.
The d3dx9_26.dll file is an essential part of the Windows operating system and is necessary for many games and applications to run correctly. Without this file, many games and applications will either not run properly or at all.
Remember that an efficient way to fix this issue is using dedicated DLL repair software.
Fortunately, you can easily fix the issue with our article to guide you. Also, only do a d3dx9_26.dll download from the official websites for the system you need it on to avoid malware that can damage your computer with such speed that you never expect.