How to Resolve the D3dx9_27.dll Not Found Error and Get Back to Gaming
Occasionally, you may have been struggling with the issue of the d3dx9_27.dll not being found. This error is quite prevalent among many computer users due to the many reports from them. You can smartly fix this issue if you know the correct solutions and have them handy.
In this article, we will discuss what the d3dx9_27.dll is and how to fix the error if it occurs on your computer. With the help of the solutions provided, you can skillfully fix the problem and get back to using the application without any further issues.
What is d3dx9_27.dll?
The d3dx9_27.dll file is a part of Microsoft DirectX technology. It is a dynamic link library that various programs and games use to render 3D graphics on Windows-based computers. It is necessary for some games to run correctly and can cause problems if it’s missing or corrupt.
Some of the problems it can cause may include:
- Improper loading of programs: Games and other software which rely on the file will not load properly. Improper loading of programs can result in either the game crashing unexpectedly or not loading at all.
- Performance issues: The error can also lead to programs running slowly or having strange graphical glitches or errors.
- Instability: The error can also lead to instability in Windows and other programs, leading to system crashes and other issues.
- Incorrect installation: If the DLL is missing or corrupted, it can prevent the correct installation of programs.
- BSOD: When this DLL file has errors, it can lead to the Blue Screen of Death, also known as BSOD.
For every computer error that surfaces, some experts can solve the problems. Today, that expert can be you. The solutions provided hereafter will solve it smartly and comfortably.
How to fix d3dx9_27.dll error?
1. Update graphic drivers via third-party apps
- Firstly, visit the Driver Easy website on your browser (the third-party app for this scenario).
- Secondly, download and install the Driver Easy program.
- Thirdly, start the Driver Easy app and click Scan Now to scan your computer for faulty drivers.
- Lastly, click on the Update All button to initiate the update accordingly.
- Let the process run, then restart your device.
We have written an extensive guide on updating drivers on the Windows 11 operating system.
2. Update DirectX
- Firstly, locate the DirectX download page on the computer browser.
- Secondly, click on Download to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web on your computer system.
- Once download is successful, run the download setup to update the DirectX version already on your computer to the latest version.
- Fourthly click on the Finish button once the setup is complete.
- Finally, restart your device.
3. Download the DLL file
- Open your browser and visit the DLL download website.
- Then, type this code d3dx9_27.dll into the search field.
- When the result loads, click on the link for the DLL result.
- Under the list of available DLL files, download the current file that matches your system architecture by clicking Download.
- Unzip the file you just downloaded and copy the unzipped file into the correct directory where the DLL file is missing.
- Or you can also just move the DLL file into the system directory using the paths in the next line:
- Finally, restart the computer.
4. Scan for virus
- Press the Windows + S hotkeys simultaneously and enter the search word Windows Security. Then open the app.
- After opening, click Virus & threat protection option.
- Then, use the Scan options to see all available scans.
- When the Windows Security page opens, choose the Full scan option and click Scan now to deep scan the computer for viruses or malware.
5. Update Windows
- Firstly, you should hotkey the Windows + I to open Settings or use the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- When Settings opens, click on the Windows Update option and click the Check for updates button to search new updates.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the available update.
- Finally, restart your computer.
The conclusion is that if you encounter the error message d3dx9_27.dll Not Found, it is likely that you are missing the necessary DirectX components on your computer.
Remember that any robust DLL repair tool may be efficient in fixing this error.
After doing any of the steps above, you should have resolved the issue, and the system should be able to run correctly. Our solutions are effective enough to blast the d3dx9_27.dll error into oblivion.