Solving Common Problems: How to Resolve the 'EAX DLL Not Found' Error
Have you been trying to open an application and been met with the dreaded eax.dll not found error? This file is especially essential when you are trying to launch a program or video game. This DLL file is a critical system file, so it is paramount to address the error quickly.
This article will explore five solutions on how to fix this error. Additionally, we will explain what this file is and why the error may occur so that you can repair it with ease in the future or even prevent the problem from materializing altogether.
What is eax.dll?
The eax.dll file is an element of the EAX Unified program, which Creative Technology Ltd developed. This file is beneficial for processing audio and improving the 3D audio effect in games and other programs.
This file is so critical that once missing, whenever you start an application or a game, you may experience different types of error.
What causes the eax.dll not found error?
There are several reasons this file may cause an error, and they may include:
- System File Damage: If the eax.dll file is damaged or corrupt, it may result in an error.
- Incompatible Device Drivers: Outdated Graphics and Audio device drivers can lead to eax.dll errors.
- Incorrect Registry Settings: Incorrect registry settings for this file may also lead to eax.dll errors.
- Software Conflict: Conflict between different software programs or multiple versions of the same program can also cause eax.dll errors.
- Virus or Malware Infection: Viruses or malicious software can corrupt or damage eax.dll files.
- Improper Installation: Improper installation of the program which uses the eax.dll file may result in eax.dll errors.
- Missing File: Another common reason for eax.dll errors is a missing eax.dll file. Once you accidentally delete the file or it becomes corrupt, this can lead to eax.dll errors.
- Wrong directory: The eax.dll file may be in a different directory than your system can access. This error could occur if you move, rename, or replace the file with a different version.
How do I fix the eax.dll not found error?
Before attempting any of the solutions below, first, try out the following prefixes:
- Use a DLL repair tool: Solve the issue with any of our recommended DLL fixing tools. The tool incorporates technologies that solve incompatibility problems due to third-party DLLs and the operating system.
- Relocate the DLL file: Locate the DLL file directory and return to the main BG&E directory where the .exe files are, then paste them into the DLL file.
- Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows will completely replace the eax.dll file. This process ensures that the new version of the file is free from potential errors and conflicts.
- Use a registry cleaner: A registry cleaner can fix the eax.dll not found error by scanning the Windows registry for any corrupt entries associated with the DLL file and repairing or deleting them.
1. Update drivers
- Hit the Windows and I keys together to open the Settings window.
- Click the Windows Update option afterward.
- Select Advanced Options next.
- Then click the Optional updates option next.
- After that, expand the Driver Updates section, select the appropriate drive, Download, and Install all the available updates.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
2. Fix with Startup Repairs
- Press Window + S keys to access the search box, enter Recovery options, and click on the correct app to open.
- Then find Advanced startup and select Restart now.
- When the next window opens, choose Troubleshoot.
- Then click on Advanced options.
- Afterward, select Startup setting and then select Restart.
3. Download and install eax dll
- Open the DLL download website on your computer browser.
- Then, type eax.dll into the search box provided.
- After the results are displayed, click on the correct file link.
- When you see the downloadable DLL files, select the current file most compatible with your computer architecture and click Download.
- When the download is successful, unzip the zip file and move it to the program’s directory where the DLL file went missing.
- Or move the DLL file to the system directory following the paths shown below:
- After that, restart your computer.
4. Run System File Checker scan
- Press the Windows and S keys together and enter cmd in the search field.
- Then, select Run as administrator on the right side to launch the Command Prompt as an admin.
- When UAC prompts you, click on Yes to proceed.
- After Command Prompt opens, enter the following command into the console and hit Enter to begin an SFC scan:
- When the scan is complete, enter the command below and press Enter to run the command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Finally, it would be best to restart your computer to implement repairs.
5. Perform a system restore
- Firstly, press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog on your PC and type
rstrui. Press Enter after to open it.
- Click on Choose a different restore point when the System Restore wizard opens.
- Then click on the Next button to continue.
- On the next window, choose your restore point and click Next.
- Allow the process to run and complete.
- Finally, click Finish when the restore is complete.
In conclusion, following the steps above, you can easily troubleshoot the eax.dll not found error and get your application running again. With a bit of effort and patience, you can resolve the issue quickly and easily. Once you fix the error, you can run your applications without further errors.
If you want more information about this article or any of our other pieces, kindly comment in the section below. We will respond as soon as possible.