Using the Windows Store troubleshooter will help you get past this error
If you actively play games on Xbox, you might have encountered the error code 0x80073cfc. This error can be quite annoying because it can stop you from enjoying your favorite games.
Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer this problem much longer because, in this article, we will provide effective solutions to overcome this frustrating issue.
What is the Xbox error with code 0x80073cfc?
The Xbox error with code 0x80073cfc occurs when there is an installation problem or the updates of games and applications fail to function correctly. It signifies that the installation process was interrupted or couldn’t be carried out successfully.
What are the causes of error code 0x80073cfc?
There are various reasons why you could be experiencing this problem. Some common causes include:
- Malware or virus infection – If your computer has been infected with a virus, you will frequently encounter this error.
- Corrupt system files – A corrupt system file can also cause you to face the error code 0x80073cfc error.
- Outdated operating system – If you run on an outdated OS, you will frequently encounter this problem.
- Insufficient storage space – If you do not have enough storage space on your system, you will face this problem.
- Network issues – A weak or unstable internet connection can also cause this error.
- Corrupted cache – The build-up of a corrupted cache can make you suffer from this problem.
How do I fix the Xbox error with code 0x80073cfc?
Try out these quick fixes before going to our more robust solutions below.
- Check your connection – Ensure your network connection is strong and stable, as a weak connection will always make you encounter the error code 0x80073cfc.
- Log in and out of your Windows Store account – This simple step can help resolve minor glitches and potentially fix this issue.
- Verify to know if your Xbox game pass subscription is still valid – If your game pass expires, playing games will be impossible, and you will keep receiving this error.
1. Verify the game’s system requirement
- Hold the Windows + R keys simultaneously, type dxdiag in the text field, and hit Enter.
- In the System tab, the specification of your computer hardware will be displayed.
- Now go over to the developer’s page where the game requirement is outlined, and check to see if your system meets the game requirement.
2. Verify your time zone
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings app, select the Time & language option on the left pane and choose Date & time on the right.
- Next, set your Time zone to where you are located.
- Go down and change the Language and Region to the correct one.
- Finally, check whether this process has fixed the error code 0x80073cfc.
3. Run the Windows Store troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + I keys together to open the Settings app, and in the System tab, choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Other troubleshooters in the next window.
- Look for the Windows Store Apps and click the Run button on the right side.
- Allow the troubleshooter to finish, then follow any other on-screen instructions like resetting apps.
- Click Next to finish the process and restart your system.
- After this, check whether the error code 0x80073cfc has been resolved.
4. Repair the Xbox app
- Hold the Windows + I keys together to open the Settings app and choose the Apps tab on the left pane.
- Choose Installed Apps.
- Go down and look for the Xbox app, click the three dots on the right side, and pick Advanced options.
- Under the Reset section, click the Repair button.
- After doing this, verify to know if the error code 0x80073cfc persists.
5. Use PowerShell to uninstall the app
- Type PowerShell in the search bar and choose Run as Administrator.
- Input the command below and hit Enter.
get-appxpackage *xboxapp* | remove-appxpackage
- To remove the Xbox app for all users, type the following command.
get-appxpackage -AllUsers *xboxapp* | remove-appxpackage
- After running these commands, relaunch your Xbox app and see if the error code 0x80073cfc persists.
6. Remove app cache
- Type WSRESET in the search bar and select the relevant option.
- Once the command prompt opens, clear out the Microsoft Store cache.
- Finally, check to see if this has fixed the 0x80073cfc error.
In conclusion, following the steps in this article will help you overcome the Error code 0x80073cfc and help you get back to enjoying your games.
Try as many solutions as possible until you get one that works best for you.