Resetting the Xbox console should fix this error
If you have ever encountered the error e106 00000009 80070002 issue, you know firsthand how annoying and inconvenient this situation can be. This error will cause many problems, preventing you from accessing your games.
Fortunately, this article will provide some practical steps to help you resolve this problem. So, if this sounds good to you, stay with us until the end.
What is Xbox error E106 00000009 80070002?
The Xbox error e106 00000009 80070002 is an error code displayed during the console startup process. Various factors are behind this error, and these causes will be discussed in detail below.
What causes Xbox error E106 00000009 80070002?
Some of the major causes for this error include:
- Network problem – This error usually occurs when you have a weak or unstable internet connection.
- Corrupt system cache – This is another common cause for this error. A corrupt system cache can cause lots of problems for your device, including the error e106 00000009 80070002 problem.
- System file error – If your system file is damaged or corrupted, you will also get this error code.
- Incomplete or failed system update – Another common cause for this error is a failed system update. If you are running on an outdated system version, you will encounter this problem.
Now that we know some of the most common causes for this error let us look at some troubleshooting techniques to overcome this issue.
How do I fix the E106 Xbox error?
Try these quick fixes before heading over to our main solutions.
- Check your internet connection – Ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection and that the signal is strong.
- Restart your system – Restarting your system is a simple yet effective solution, as this process can resolve minor glitches and potentially fix this problem.
If the steps above do not work, try the solutions below.
1. Power cycle your Xbox console
- Long press the Xbox button for about 10 seconds or until the LED turns off.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Wait for a while (30-60 seconds).
- Plug your Xbox console again and relaunch it.
- Check to see if the error e106 00000009 80070002 has been fixed.
2. Reset the Xbox console
- Click the Xbox menu button.
- Next, select your profile.
- Click Settings from the list of options.
- In the settings menu, locate and click on System.
- Choose Console info on the right side.
- On the Console info menu, select Reset console.
- In the next window, you will be given two options. We recommend choosing the RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES & APPS option. If this does not fix the error e106 00000009 80070002, go back and choose RESET AND REMOVE EVERYTHING.
3. Clear persistent storage
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Navigate to the Settings option.
- Choose Devices & streaming on the left side and pick Blu-ray on the right.
- In the next window, click the Persistent storage option.
- Click the Clear persistent storage button.
- After clearing the persistent storage, verify if the error e106 00000009 80070002 persists.
4. Update the Xbox app
- Hold the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialogue, type ms-windows-store: in the text field and hit Enter.
- Once you are in the Microsoft Store, select the Library icon at the bottom left corner.
- In the Library menu, locate and click the Get updates button.
- Allow the verification to finish so as to know if there are any pending updates available. If there are any updates, download and install them.
- After completing this step, check to see if the error persists.
5. Contact Xbox support
If the error e106 00000009 80070002 persists after trying all the steps listed in this article, we recommend contacting Xbox customer support. You can tell them about your problem, and they will give tips on troubleshooting the error.
To contact support, navigate to the Xbox support page. Describe your problem to enable the support team to give you the best solution.
In conclusion, this article has successfully provided you with solid steps to take when facing the error e106 00000009 80070002. Ensure to try as many solutions as possible till you fix this problem.