Run the SFC and DISM scans to quickly resolve this problem
Some Windows 11 users have noticed a relatively recent problem called ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME error, and some of the most common causes include; system file corruption, obsolete drivers, and hardware issues.
There are several solutions you can try if you are facing the ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME problem, and in this guide, we will talk about the most popular fixes for this mistake. We will also discuss the root causes of the ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME mistake as well as future preventive measures, so if this sounds good to you, stay with us to the very end.
1. Run the SFC and DISM scans
You may check for and fix corrupted system files using the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) scans. This can assist in resolving a number of Windows difficulties, including the Windows 11 ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME Error. Follow the steps below to use these tools.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, then hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Once you are in the command prompt, input the command below and hit Enter.
- Next, input the following commands one after the other and hit Enter after each one.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After running these commands, reboot your computer to implement the changes.
2. Reinstall the Intel IPF & Chipset driver
A piece of software called the Intel IPF & Chipset driver enables communication between your computer and Intel chipset. Your motherboard’s chipset is a group of chips that manages different hardware elements, including the CPU, memory, and storage, so, reinstalling this tool can help resolve any error causing this problem. Follow the steps below to use this tool.
- Hold the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue, input devmgmt.msc in the text field, then click Enter.
- Expand the System devices option, locate the Intel (R) Innovation Platform Framework Manager option, right-click on it and choose Uninstall device.
- Look for Intel(R) SMBus -7AA3, or a similar option, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall device.
- Next, navigate to the Action tab at the top, and choose Scan for hardware changes to re-install the missing drivers.
- Once you are done, check to see if the problem has been resolved.
3. Update the Intel IPF & Chipset driver
Windows 11’s ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME problem can be brought on by a number of things, including faulty or outdated Intel IPF & Chipset drivers. By ensuring that Windows has the most recent drivers for your hardware, updating the Intel IPF & Chipset drivers can assist in fixing this error. Follow the steps below to see how to use this tool.
- Navigate to your system’s motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- From the Software and Drivers tab, choose the required product.
- Input the serial number of your device and click the Submit button.
- Next, enter your Windows operating system and click Submit.
- Click the All drivers option, expnad the Driver Chipset category option, look for the Intel Innovation Platform Framework driver and choose Download.
- To install the latest driver, double-click the installation file and follow the on-screen directions.
- Look for the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and choose Download.
- To update the driver, double-click the downloaded file and adhere to the prompts on the screen.
- Once you are done, reboot your PC to implement the changes.
4. Carry out a system restore
You can return your computer to a prior state using the System Restore function of Windows. This can be helpful for resolving issues that arose after you installed a new software or driver, or changed your system settings. Use the steps below to do this.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialogue, type rstrui in the text field, then click OK.
- Select the radio button for the Choose a different restore point option, and click Next.
- Choose a restore point that goes back way before you started experiencing this error and click Next.
- Go over the restore details, and click Finish to complete the process.
5. Carry out an in-place upgrade
In-place upgrades allow you to reinstall Windows 11 without wiping off your existing data, settings, and applications. The ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME error is one of the many Windows issues that it can help you fix. Use the steps below to carry out an in-place upgrade.
- Go to the Windows 11 download site, look for the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) for x64 option, choose Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO), then click Download Now.
- Pick a language from the drop-down menu, and click the Confirm button.
- Next, look for the downloaded ISO file, right-click on it and choose Mount.
- Now, double-click on the setup.exe file to bring up the Windows 11 Setup wizard, then click Yes on the pop-up confirmation menu.
- Click Next on the Install Windows 11 dialog box.
- On the license terms page, choose Accept.
- Once you get to the Ready to install page, ensure that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected, then click Install.
- Allow the upgrade to finish, then check to see if the problem has been fixed.
This is as much as we can discuss about resolving the ESIF TYPE – IPF TIME error in Windows 11. Ensure to strictly follow the guidelines mentioned above to get a positive outcome.
You should also make sure that you have a reliable anti-virus software, and keep an eye on your drivers update to prevent this error from reoccurring in the future.