Updating Atmosphere and Hekate will help fix this problem
In this article, we’ll talk about a specific error that affects portable gaming systems. Both in terms of convenience and portability, these gaming consoles have advanced significantly over the years.
Although playing games on these next-generation handheld consoles looks luxurious, using them is difficult. You’re going to run into a lot of problems. This article discusses one such bug, the ‘a fatal error occurred when running fusee’ error.
Why do I get the notification fatal error occurred when running Fusee?
Many factors could be behind this problem; the most common causes are listed below.
- Payload injectors that are not properly arranged – This error usually occurs if your payload injectors are improperly organized.
- Payload files not properly formatted – Another common cause is when your payload files are not formatted correctly. This will trigger the error.
- Firmware version mismatch. – You will get this error message if the firmware version is incompatible.
- Hardware mismatch – This error message will also be displayed if incompatible hardware is used.
Now that we know some of the major causes of the fatal error occurred when running fusee, let us look at some troubleshooting techniques to fix this error.
How do I fix fatal error occurred when running Fusee?
Before checking out our more comprehensive solutions, we recommend trying our quick fixes.
- Ensure the system’s power Switch and the USB cable are securely attached.
- Verify that the USB cable is functional and in good shape.
- Ensure your Nintendo Switch is fully charged and running the latest firmware version.
- Use the most up-to-date version of the specific Switch model and the Fusee Gelée software.
- Using a different USB port on the device might work.
If the error persists after trying the above steps, use the solutions listed below.
An SD card must be formatted in the correct file format, so monitor the SD card. You can generally be safe with NTFS or FAT32, although every emulator differs in different formats.
This error can start because of any flaw or error in the SD cards. As a result, check your SD card with a different device after formatting to ensure everything is in place.
2. Turn off AutoRCM
- Click the Tools option at the top of your Nintendo Switch.
- In the tools menu, look for the AutoRCM option and change it to OFF.
- Lastly, after turning the AutoRCM off, check to see if the fatal error occurred when running fusee issue has been fixed.
Hekate has AutoRCM that automatically starts the console’s default operating system. AutoRCM, however, occasionally can bypass the modified OS and proceed directly to the stock OS.
Deactivate AutoRCM in Hekate settings by following the steps above to try and fix the fatal error.
3. Update your Atmosphere and Hekate
- Plug your SD card into your computer and open up the root of your SD card.
- Now, navigate to github.com/Atmoshphere to get the latest release of Atmosphere.
- Scroll down and look for the one that says Latest.
- Go down to the Assets section and click the first link to download the latest version of Atmosphere.
- After downloading the latest release of Atmosphere, unzip the files and transfer them to the root of your SD card.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Replace the files in the destination; with this, you have successfully updated Atmosphere.
- Next, navigate to the latest release of Hekate.
- Scroll down to the Assets section and click the first link to download the latest version of Hekate.
- After downloading and unzipping your file, copy only the bootloader folder and send it to the root of your SD card.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Replace the files in the destination.
- Plug in your switch and select the right payload (the latest version of Hekate you just downloaded)
- Finally, inject the payload and check if this process has fixed the fatal error occurred when running fusee problem.
In conclusion, following through with the steps listed in this article will help you troubleshoot the fatal error occurred when running fusee problem and help you get your device up and running, allowing you to enjoy your favorite games.
Lastly, check out this other article to know how to fix errors on Steam clients.