Switching to a different server usually solves this problem
A well-known mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), Google Fi provides a variety of services to its customers. An example of these services is a virtual private network (VPN), intended to give users an extra measure of security and privacy when connected to public Wi-Fi networks or cellular data.
Like any other program, this feature sometimes fails to function correctly, leaving users worried. In this article, we will identify the reasons for this problem and provide solutions to resolve this issue.
Why is Google Fi VPN not working?
There are many reasons why you might be having this problem. Some of the major causes include:
- VPN server problems – Users of Google Fi VPN can access a variety of geo-restricted content thanks to servers spread across the globe. The VPN might not function properly if there are problems with these servers.
- Network problems – You might encounter this error if you have a weak or unstable internet connection.
- Compatibility issues – Google Fi VPN is configured to work mainly with Android devices, so using other devices not powered by Android could cause this problem.
- Software updates – If your device or the Google Fi VPN is outdated, you will encounter this problem often.
What can I do if Google Fi VPN is not working?
1. Verify your internet connection
To quickly eliminate this problem, it is essential to check your internet connection because unstable internet will always prevent Google Fi VPN from running correctly. If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to cellular data and vice versa.
2. Use a different VPN server
If you keep experiencing this problem for a specific VPN server, you can try switching to another server location. Sometimes there might be a problem with a particular VPN server or it might be temporarily offline, so manually switching to a different server will often resolve this issue.
3. Check that your device is compatible with Google VPN Fi
Verify to know if your device is compatible with Google VPN Fi. If you don’t know how to check it, navigate to the Google Fi compatibility checker to see if your device is compatible with this feature.
Where is Google VPN available?
The Google VPN is available in many countries like Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States across Android, iOS, Windows and Mac devices.
How can you turn on or off your Google fi VPN?
1.1 Turn on/off Google Fi VPN on an Android device
- Launch your Fi VPN application
- Locate and click Privacy & Security.
- Click the Protect your online activity option to turn it on or off.
- Once the status bar shows the VPN key, you are connected to the VPN.
1.2 Turn on/off Google Fi VPN on iPhone
- Open the application on your phone.
- Navigate to the Phone settings.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Turn the Protect your online activity on or off.
- Tap Got it in the pop-up menu.
- Log in using your fingerprint or password.
- When you see VPN on your status bar, you are connected.
In conclusion, you can easily fix the Google Fi VPN error by simply using the solutions listed in this article.