Restore Your WhatsApp Chats and Media with These Easy Steps
It is possible to restore your WhatsApp backup on your Android phone if you accidentally deleted or uninstalled the app or the app became lost when you changed your device. The backup will help you restore your chat history if you have an existing backup.’
It is possible to back up text, photo, video, and audio messages, among other things. This article will reveal how to back up your WhatsApp messages and restore available backups.
Backing Up your WhatsApp messages using Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service that lets you save your files online. It can be instrumental in backing up your WhatsApp messages in case of phone loss or accidental message deletion. It is automated, secure, convenient, saves space on your phone, and protects you from data loss. Here is how to do it:
- Open the WhatsApp messaging app on your phone.
- Then, tap on the three vertical dots and select Settings.
- Once the next screen opens, tap the Chats option.
- Afterward, tap Chat backup.
- Under the Google Drive settings section, click Google Account and select the Google account you want to use for the backup.
- Tap Allow to permit WhatsApp access to your selected Google Account.
- Then, tap the Back up to Google Drive option and the backup duration to backup automatically either on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- In another vein, click Back up to back up your messages instantly.
Restore backup from Google Drive
The Google Drive cloud storage service offers a convenient and secure way to back up your WhatsApp messages. It is easy to use, secure, reliable, and accessible and gives you 15GB of free storage space, enough to store your WhatsApp messages for a long time. Restore using the steps below:
- On your new device, install and launch WhatsApp, then verify your number.
- When the Restore Backup window opens, tap RESTORE as prompted to restore your messages from Google Drive.
- Once the backup restoration is complete, tap NEXT.
- WhatsApp will display your chats using the most recent backup once initialization is complete.
- Restoring your messages might take some time, depending on the file size.
Restore WhatsApp Backup on Android Using Local Backup
Local backup utility for restoration is useful if messages and media files to a new device through the file explorer, computer, or SD card. After backing up WhatsApp locally, it is easier to restore media files and chat history using the following steps:
- Open the File Manager or File Explorer app on your Android device.
- Then, locate the Whatsapp folder. If you can’t find it, do the following:
- In the WhatsApp folder, open the media folder.
- Then, open the Databases folder.
- Select the latest backup and restore it.
- You may rename it for easy identification.
In summary, you can easily retrieve your WhatsApp backup on your Android device from your local storage or Google Drive. This helpful guide will ensure you never lose your crucial chat history and media. When restoring from a local backup, ensure it’s compatible with your WhatsApp version.
Also, ensure that the backup file from your local storage is not corrupt. You can confirm this when you open the file in a text editor. Use the latest backup to avoid message or media loss. For help, leave a comment or contact WhatsApp Support.