Resolve Your Instagram SMS Verification Issues Instantly!
Instagram not sending SMS Code error can be annoying because you need it to verify your email and phone number every time you attempt to create a new account or verify an account. Instagram has become one of the world’s most popular social media platforms.
This article looks at the top 4 easy solutions for dealing with this issue. We will also look into the possible causes of this issue so that you will know how to avert it in the future.
Why is Instagram not sending SMS code?
There may be various reasons why Instagram is not sending you an SMS code, and they include the following:
- Unregistered phone number: You may not have your phone number registered with Instagram.
- Incorrect number: You may have also supplied an incorrect number on your profile, causing Instagram to be unable to send you an SMS code.
- Blocked IP address: Also, your IP address may have been banned by Instagram due to suspicious activity.
- Too many attempts: If you attempt too many times to get SMS code from Instagram quickly, you may not receive an SMS code from Instagram.
- Incompatible phone number: Your phone number may not be compatible with Instagram’s SMS service.
- Verification limit: Thirdly, you may have exceeded the SMS verification limit for their phone number.
- Unconnected phone: This error may occur if you did not connect your phone to a cellular network.
- Blocked SMS service: Once your service provider blocks your SMS service, you may not receive an SMS code from Instagram.
- Account suspension: If Instagram suspects suspicious activity on your account, Instagram may block your account.
- Restricted VPN: You may also be using a VPN restricted by Instagram. We recommend using a robust VPN solution.
- Out of range: When your phone is out of the cellular network, you may not receive an SMS code from Instagram.
- Phone not powered: Your phone may have a low battery or be turned off.
What do I do if Instagram is not sending SMS code?
Before applying any of the solutions identified below, please do any of these checks:
- Restart your device: Restarting your device may help solve an Instagram SMS code issue caused by a temporary glitch or issue with the app. It also clears out any temporary files and memory that may be causing the problem, which can help to get the app working correctly again.
- Restart Instagram: Restarting Instagram is not a guaranteed solution for this issue, as it usually requires an update or a change in settings to fix it. However, in some cases, restarting the app can help.
- Deactivate VPN: If you use a VPN, then you should disable it.
- Try another device: Try another device can help solve Instagram not sending an SMS code by allowing you to use another device to request a new code. If the new device can send and receive the SMS code, then it is likely that the issue lies with the original device.
- Update app: Try updating the app and try the process again to see if it will respond this time.
- Set permission for Instagram: Check to see if you have set the necessary permissions for Instagram. Otherwise, ensure you configure them.
- Check that your internet is stable: Check to see that your internet is working and that it is stable.
- Check SMS service: Check to see that you can receive SMS.
1. Check that Instagram server is running
- Open the Downdetector website on your browser.
- Then enter Instagram in the search field available.
- When the next web page displays, check for the message that says User reports indicate no current problems at Instagram. If otherwise, then there is a problem with the Instagram server.
- You may also check the Instagram outages reported in the last 24 hours to see if there has been an outage in the last 24 hours.
- If the Instagram server is down, you will have to wait a while and try again.
2. Check your phone number
- Open Instagram website on your device.
- Once the Profile page, click on the Edit profile button.
- Under Account Center, click on Personal details.
- When the Account Center page opens, click on Personal details.
- Lastly, check if your number under Contact Info is correct.
3. Contact Instagram Support
- Open the Instagram website on your device.
- Click Home on the navigation, then click Help under the Suggestions for you section on the right side of the web page.
- Once the Help Center opens, use the search bar to find articles as they relate to your problem.
4. Clear cache and cookies on browser
- Open the browser on your computer.
- When it opens, click on the ellipses on the top-right of the display and hover over History.
- Then on the next set of options that come up, click History.
- Once the next window opens, click on Clear browsing data.
- After that, check the boxes on the left of Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data, then select the All time range, and click on the Clear data button.
- Then wait for the process to complete.
After trying all the solutions listed above, your issue with Instagram not sending the SMS code has likely been resolved. The possibilities for why Instagram is not sending an SMS code are numerous. However, the solutions are relatively simple.
Ensuring your phone number is up-to-date, using a verified phone number or trying a different phone number, can often resolve the issue. If the Instagram recovery code is not working, we recommend that you reach out to Instagram directly to seek further assistance.