Getting fonts from the Microsoft Store is the best way to install fonts on your device without compromising system security
Although Windows 11 comes with a ton of font styles, it also provides many means for users who are dissatisfied with the choices to install their own. This can be especially helpful to certain people, like developers who spend a lot of time staring at text or graphic designers who feel like a piece needs more flair, making installing fonts on Windows 11 essential.
This guide will help you discover ways to easily install different fonts on your device to add vitality to your work.
1. Install fonts from the web
This is the easiest way of getting fonts for your device. However, it would be best if you were very careful of the sites you visit to download fonts, not to download malicious files to your system. We recommend going to Google Fonts to get great fonts. You can install fonts from the web in various ways, and these steps are discussed below.
1.1 Using File Explorer
- Press Windows + E to open your File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder where the downloaded files are located.
- Right-click on the file and choose Show more options.
- Finally, click the Install button.
1.2 Using Settings
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings application.
- On the left pane, select Personalization and choose Fonts.
- Drag and drop the fonts in the assigned area to install the fonts on your device.
2. Use the Microsoft Store to install fonts
The easiest option for most Windows users to install new fonts is through the Microsoft Store because it’s a simple procedure that’s unlikely to be exploited to put malware on your system.
- Press Windows + S to bring up the search bar, type Microsoft Store in the text area, and choose the required option.
- Once Microsoft Store is opened, type Fonts in the search bar at the top.
- Next, click the Explore new fonts button.
- Choose the font that you like.
- Now select the Free button.
- As soon as the Free button changes to Open, click on it. This will take you to the Personalization menu where you can add the font following the steps in the first solution above.
This is as much as we can discuss installing or adding fonts to your device. Following these steps carefully will give you a positive result, allowing you to change your writing style.
Lastly, if you are experiencing problems with your Windows Store, check out this article about how to fix the Windows Store Error Code 0x80240037.