Modifying the program permissions will help resolve this issue
Programs can be installed in Windows 11 for either the current user alone or for every user on the system. By default, programs are usually installed using the current user as the only user. This implies that the program can only be seen and used by the current user. However, if you want to make the program available to all users in Windows 11, there are some steps to successfully do this.
For this process to work, the application must be installed for each user on the computer. Changing the installation settings can be done during program installation or after the software has already been installed, and in this article, we will walk you through the steps to make the necessary installation settings changes for your application to be available to all users.
1. Move the program and set up permissions
Moving the program and setting up permissions can help resolve this issue by making the program accessible to all users and preventing them from making unauthorized changes. The steps below will show you how to do this.
1.1 Change the location of the program
- Hold Windows + E to open the File Explorer, then navigate to the path below.
- Secondly, look for the program’s shortcut and copy it by pressing Ctrl + C.
- Next, go to the path below.
- Once the Public Desktop folder is opened, paste the shortcut by pressing Ctrl + V.
1.2 Modify the permission for everyone
- Right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab, and click on the Advanced button.
- Next, click the Change link.
- In the text field, input Everyone, click the Check Names button, then OK.
- Select Apply and OK to keep the changes.
- Next, click the Edit button.
- Click the Add button.
- Input Everyone again in the text field, click the Check Names button, then OK.
- Select Everyone from the available user profiles, click the checkboxes for all permissions, then click Apply and OK to keep the changes.
- Finally, look for the file’s actual folder and allow full permissions to Everyone. For Zoom, use the command below.
2. Install programs for all users
There are several programs that can be installed across user profiles. So, there are different options to install them for the current user account or all of them when you perform the setup. Change the installation path to Program Files or Program Files (x86) if this option is not available.
For a select few, you can instantly make the program accessible to all Windows 11 users. The programs are set up automatically across all of the accounts. If you did not do this before, uninstall the application and then start the setup again. Before starting the installation, be sure to sign out any additional users if necessary.
We have successfully gone over some ways to effectively make a program available to all users in Windows 11. Ensure to carefully follow these steps to get a positive result. Reach out to us via the comment section if you have further questions. Lastly, if you are having issues with the Windows Firewall, check out the linked article.