You can use the Telegram app to send and receive messages and manage downloads for up to 2 GB. Download management involves organizing and controlling files downloaded through the app. This process is essential because it can be hard to track and find your file downloads when needed.
The default Download Manager in the app can help to manage files efficiently. Download management is essential to prioritize the critical files among multiple downloads, pause the download temporarily when downloading a large file, move a downloaded file to another location, or delete unnecessary files.
1. iPhone Telegram Download Manager
There are several ways to access the Telegram download manager on iPhone.
- Open the Telegram app on your iPhone and tap the Search box.
- Then, swipe to the Downloads tab below the search box to see your downloaded files.
- When you access the Downloads tab, you may pause ongoing downloads and cause another file to complete first.
- You may also long-tap a file and choose increase speed to finish the download faster.
- Additionally, the download manager allows you to rearrange the download lineup in the order of priority by tapping the file and selecting the Raise Priority option to give it priority over others.
- You can also forward the file to a contact on your list, delete it, or save it to your iPhone using the ellipses.
2. Manage Telegram Downloads on Android
Telegram uses a completely different user interface on Android. Android users can follow the steps below to manage downloaded files efficiently.
- Launch the Telegram app on your Android device.
- Then, begin to download your desired file.
- Tap it to see all your downloads.
- You may also tap the Search icon at the top of your display and swipe to the Downloads tab.
- Telegram allows pausing a download process for as many files as you want.
- You may also increase download speed by tapping the speedometer at the top of the screen.
3. Find the download on Telegram for desktop
Telegram’s robust download manager is available on the company’s desktop apps, too. Let’s check it in action.
- Launch the Telegram app on your desktop.
- Then, begin file download, go to the bottom and see the process.
- You may check the process to open the downloads manager.
- You may also click the search bar and click the magnifying glass icon.
- Then, select the Downloads option from the drop-down menu and check your downloaded videos and files.
- You can right-click on your Telegram file and forward it to friends and family.
4. Check Telegram storage
Telegram also comes with a dedicated storage manager on all the platforms. You can manage cache files, auto-remove cached media, set maximum cache size, and glance over media files.
We have used screenshots from Telegram for Android.
- Launch Telegram on your phone, tap the hamburger menu, and click Settings.
- Then, select Data and Storage and tap Storage Usage.
- Afterward, check the cache, set the maximum size, and manage it by individual chats.
- If the cache size surpasses the limit, the unused media that is the oldest will be removed from the device.
In conclusion, we explored the best strategies for managing your downloads in Telegram. From organizing your files and managing storage to understanding the app’s features, you’re now well-equipped to keep your downloads tidy and accessible.
With these techniques, you can make the most of Telegram’s powerful file-sharing capabilities and maintain a well-organized library of documents, media, and files on the platform. Whether using Telegram for work or personal purposes, efficient download management is now at your fingertips.