Performing a system restore should resolve this problem
Msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL not found or missing is a common error experienced by many users worldwide. This error can be annoying and time-consuming if you do not know the correct steps to resolve the problem efficiently.
However, you do not have to continue using trial and error to fix this problem, as this article will give you specific solutions to resolve this problem effectively.
What is msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll?
The msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll file created by Microsoft Corporation is a Dynamic Link Library file that contains sets of codes and procedures that can be applied to Windows. It is also known as Microsoft C Runtime Library _codecvt_ids.
It is a critical system component that ensures that Windows programs function correctly; therefore, if it is missing, it will lead to problems with the programs it is connected to and give the DLL Not Found or Missing error.
Some other ways this error can be displayed are listed below.
- msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll crash
- msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll is missing
- msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll was not found
- msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll error loading
- msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll could not be located
- Cannot find msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll
- Cannot register msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll
Why is msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL not found?
There are many reasons why this error can come up. Some of the most common causes include:
- Windows registry issues – You will get this error message if your registry is corrupt or damaged.
- Corrupt system files – Another common cause for this error is if a virus has damaged or infected files. You can use a file repair tool to fix this problem.
- Virus/malware infection – A virus attack is another reason for this error. If your device has been infected with a virus, you will encounter many problems, including the msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL Not Found or Missing error.
How do I fix a missing msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL?
1. Download the file manually
- Firstly, head over to DLL-files.com to get started.
- Secondly, Type msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll in the search bar and click the Search DLL file button.
- Next, select the required result.
- On the next page, click the Download button to get the files. Ensure that the file you download matches your computer’s architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Finally, after completing the installation, check to see if the error persists.
2. Update your drivers
- Firstly, click the Windows icon and choose Device Manager.
- Secondly, click the little arrow to expand any section with outdated drivers, right-click on the outdated driver, and choose Update driver.
- Now, choose Search automatically for drivers in the next window.
- Lastly, follow other on-screen instructions to complete this process and see if the msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL error has been fixed.
3. Run the SFC scan
- Press the Windows + R keys together to launch the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, hold Ctrl + Shift simultaneously, then hit the Enter button to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Secondly, Input the command below in your command prompt and hit Enter.
sfc / scannow
- Finally, after the scan is complete, check if the error has been resolved.
4. Perform a full system scan
- Hold the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the command prompt, hold Ctrl + Shift, then hit Enter to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Paste the command below in the command prompt and hit Enter.
cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18*
- Now paste this second command in the command prompt to begin a full system scan.
MpCmdRun -Scan -ScanType 2
- Note that performing a full system scan should fix the msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL error.
5. Make use of an automatic repair tool
You can also use DLL repair software to automatically correct and resolve this error. While the market is filled with DLL repair tools, not all are excellent. Due to this, we have spent some time looking up the best and most dependable DLL repair tools available online.
Navigate to this article to get your system’s best DLL repair tools. This article is dedicated to helping you find the best DLL file repair and system optimization tools.
6. Carry out a system restore
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialogue, type rstrui in the text field, and hit Enter.
- Secondly, click the Next button.
- Select a restore point that goes back to before you started having the msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL not found problem and click Next.
- Next, click Finish to confirm your restore point.
- Lastly, after completing this process, check to see if the error has been resolved.
7. Update your Windows OS
- Firstly, Press Windows + I together to open the Settings app.
- Secondly, on the left pane, choose Windows update, and pick Check for updates on the right side.
- If any update is available, click the Download & Install button.
- Finally, after completing the update, restart your device and check to see if the problem has been fixed.
If you have followed this article to this point, you should know how to correctly troubleshoot your device to overcome the msvcp140_codecvt_ids DLL not found error and get your system working smoothly.
Try as many solutions as possible until you find one that works well for you.