Navigating the Troublesome Waters of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD on Windows 11: A Comprehensive Guide to Top Solutions
The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD bug check, identified by the code 0x00000050, signals an invalid system memory reference. This error typically arises when the memory address is incorrect or points to already freed memory. It is another one of the many BSOD errors available out there.
Its causes include faulty memory when the OS cannot recognize the required data in the RAM’s nonpaged section, malfunctioning hardware, faulty drivers, and damaged hard disc partitions. We will discuss how to eliminate this critical problem.
1. Perform Windows Memory Diagnostic
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool is a built-in utility that can help you repair errors about a RAM issue. The built-in tool scans your PC’s RAM for errors. If the utility detects any errors, it will try to repair them. Here is how to use the tool:
- Click the Search icon on the Taskbar, enter memory diagnostic, and then click on the Windows Memory Diagnostic app to launch the tool.
- When the Windows Memory Diagnostic window opens, click Restart now and check for problems (recommended) to run diagnostics immediately.
- Allow the tool to check for memory problems.
- Afterward, Windows will display the test result for you.
2. Perform the CHKDSK scan
Performing a CHKDSK scan can help repair the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD error if a faulty or failing hard drive or a corrupted file system is the source of the error. The CHKDSK Windows utility attempts to detect the errors in the hard drive and repair them if possible. Here is how to do it:
- Hold down the Windows and S keys simultaneously, search for cmd, and then choose to Run as administrator to start the Command Prompt as an admin.
- Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key:
chkdsk /f /r
- Finally, enter Y and restart your PC so the utility can check for file system errors and search and shield bad sectors.
3. Update Windows
Windows updates are a practicable solution for rectifying the missing PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD by removing bugs with Windows updates bug fixes for detected issues and installing new drivers for your computer’s hardware. Use the following steps to update Windows:
- Firstly, press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings or do it with the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Once Settings opens, select the Windows Update option and click the Check for updates button to discover new updates.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions step by step to install the update.
- Finally, restart your computer.
4. Use SFC scan to fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD
Performing the System File Checker (SFC) scan can fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD on Windows 11 if generated by corrupted system files. SFC Windows utility examines your computer for missing or corrupted system files and substitutes them with appropriate versions.
Use the following steps to run an SFC scan:
- Press the Windows and S keys together and type cmd in the text field.
- Then, choose the Run as administrator option on the right side to start the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Once the User Account Control prompts you, select Yes to continue.
- When the Command Prompt displays, enter the following command into the prompt and tap the Enter key to start an SFC scan:
- Once the scan is complete, copy and paste the command below and press the Enter key to run the command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Finally, it would be best to restart your computer to implement repairs.
5. Fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD by performing a system driver update
A system driver update can help you fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD by installing the latest and most compatible driver version for your computer. Windows searches for drivers that are compatible with your OS during installation and installs them. Here is how to do it:
- Hold the Windows and I keys simultaneously to launch the Settings window.
- Then, click the Windows Update option next.
- Afterward, select Advanced Options.
- Then, tap the Optional updates option next.
- Once in the options, expand the Driver Updates section, select the appropriate drive, and Download and Install all the available updates.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
6. Clean boot to fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD
Sometimes, conflicts can ensue during program installation or Windows usage. However, performing a clean boot helps to catch and settle these conflicts. It involves temporarily disabling all non-essential startup programs and services. This way, you can notice if any program or service is generating the installation errors.
Here is what you need to do to perform a clean boot:
- Hold the Windows and R keys to open the Run dialog box, type msconfig in the Run entry field, and press Enter.
- Then, locate the Services tab, click on it, and check the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on the Disable all button and then click Apply.
- Select the Startup tab and then click Open Task Manager.
- Now right-click on the first enabled app on the Task Manager tab and click Disable.
- Finally, follow step 6 to disable all enabled applications one after the other.
- After disabling the apps, close Task Manager.
- Restart your PC.
In conclusion, encountering PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ARE A BSOD on Windows 11 can disrupt your workflow and cause anxiety. To resolve this issue, follow the fixes discussed in this guide, such as updating drivers and Windows, conducting memory diagnostics, checking for hardware issues, etc.
Remember to troubleshoot methodically, start with simpler solutions, and maintain a healthy system. Stay informed about Windows updates and patches to prevent errors. Following these steps, you can minimize the likelihood of encountering the error, ensuring a smoother and more reliable computing experience.