Checking the game server should be your first step
Nothing is more annoying to a PS5 gamer than getting an error code when downloading new games from the store. Error code CE-112840-6 has recently been a source of considerable frustration for PS5 users. This article will give clear instructions to fix this error code.
What is the PS Store error CE-112840-6?
The PS Store error code is an error that occurs when you try to download, buy games or redeem your code on the PlayStation Network (PSN) Store. There are many factors behind this problem. Some common causes for this error include:
- PSN server issues – If the PSN servers are down, under maintenance, or passing through an update, you will encounter this error.
- Too much traffic – If there is too much traffic, the servers might be unable to process your requests leading to this error code.
- Poor Internet connection – If you frequently use an unstable or weak network connection, you will also encounter this error.
- Downloading from a different source – The problem manifests due to the conflict when downloads from different sources clash with the internal memory.
How do I fix the PS Store error CE-112840-6?
Try these quick prefixes before heading to our more comprehensive solution.
- Verify your network connection – The CE-112840-6 error code is frequently caused by a shaky or nonexistent internet connection. This is the first thing you should check to avoid further trouble. If your console is Wi-Fi enabled, you should try switching to a wired connection to ensure a stronger, more reliable connection.
- Restart the console – This is a simple yet effective step to fix this error code. The process can help remove minor glitches and bugs causing this error.
If the steps above do not work, try the solutions listed below.
1. Verify the game servers
The PlayStation server down, overloaded, or under maintenance, is a common cause of the error code CE-112840-6. To find out if there are any outages or ongoing maintenance, check the PlayStation server status.
Go to the PlayStation server status to know if the server is running. If it’s down right now, wait for it to resume normal operations before trying another approach.
2. Remove any external storage options
- Switch off the PS5 console.
- Remove any external storage device.
- Switch on the game console.
- Reinstall the game once more.
- Switch off the console after the installation.
- Plug in the external drive.
- Then finally, turn on the PS5 and see if the PS Store error CE-112840-6 has been fixed.
3. Reinstall the game
- Choose the game you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Options button.
- Next, choose Delete.
- Click OK to confirm your decision.
- After deleting the game, reinstall it and check if the PS store error CE-112840-6 persists.
In conclusion, following the steps in this article will help you overcome the PS Store error CE-112840-6. Try as many solutions as possible until you find one that works best for you.