A detailed guide on how to reset or change Slack password
For companies of all sizes, Slack is a well-liked platform for communication and collaboration because it enables real-time message sending and receiving, file sharing, and project collaboration, and with the growing popularity of remote jobs, Slack has become a well-used application.
However, if you forget your password, signing into your account and using the app becomes impossible. You are left with no choice other than to reset the Slack password, and in this guide, we will show you how to do this properly.
1. How to reset Slack password while signed out
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to https://slack.com/signin.
- Enter the URL for your workspace and click Continue.
- Under the sign-in form, click Forgot password.
- Next, enter the Email address that is connected to your Slack account and click the Get Reset Link button.
- Slack will send an email to your inbox, go there and click on the Choose a New Password button.
- You will be taken to a Password Reset form, enter a new password, then choose the Change my password button.
2. How to change Slack password while signed in
- Log into your Slack account, click on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen, and select Account Settings.
- Once you are in your Account Settings, click the expand button at the right side of Password.
- Next, you will have to enter your old password and the new one you want.
- Finally, click the Save Password button.
- Doing this will update your password
Wrapping things up
If you are looking for ways to reset your password or want to strengthen your security by making your password stronger, the information contained in this guide will help you achieve this. Tell us in the comment section if these steps worked for you.
If you enjoyed this article, you will also love this other guide about how to fix login errors on Spotify, so ensure to check it out.