Fix this error by downloading the file manually
The RLD not found or missing error is a common problem many Windows users face worldwide. This problem can be quite frustrating especially if you do not know the troubleshooting techniques to take in order to fix the problem.
However, this article will provide you with some solid steps to take so as to fix this error and we will also help you understand the cause of this error so that you will be able to prevent it from happening in the future.
What is rld.dll?
The rld.dll is a dynamic link library that is associated with a pirated or cracked version of an application or game. It has useful code that could limit the ability to get around the core copy protection.
The main tasks of protecting code modification, program manipulation, call interception, and load bridging are completed by the instructions in this library.
Why is rld DLL not found?
Some of the reasons why you might face this error are listed below.
- You could be having this problem because your anti-virus is stopping the program from running. Because the rld.dll file is associated with piracy, your antivirus program might mistake it to be malicious software, resulting in this error code.
- If the DLL files are missing or if the location of these files is changed, you will encounter this error
- Another possible cause for this error is when the DLL files are corrupted. You will start having numerous problems including the rld DLL error.
How do I fix a missing rld dll?
1. Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Click the upward-facing arrow on your Taskbar.
- Select the antivirus icon, hover your mouse on Avast shields Control, and choose Disable for 10 minutes.
- Finally, relaunch the application causing the error and see if the rld DLL problem persists.
2. Reinstall The Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package
- Go to the Visual C++ website to start.
- Once you get to the website, click the Download button.
- Tick the boxes for VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe and VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if your processor is 64-bit. If you are running on a 32-bit processor, choose only the x86 version then click Next to start the download.
- Lastly, check to know if the rld DLL error persists.
3. Download the file manually
- Head over to DLL-files.com to download the file.
- Once the download is complete, unzip all the files.
- Relaunch the program and see if the DLL error has been fixed.
4. Run the program as an administrator
- Firstly, go to the directory of the affected program.
- Look for the executable file.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Lastly, check if the error has been fixed.
5. Use an automatic repair tool to fix the DLL file
You can also choose to use an automated tool to quickly resolve this error, sparing yourself the stress of having to complete several troubleshooting steps. Despite the abundance of DLL repair tools online, many lack quality.
We underwent the stress of searching the internet for the best repair tools available. Check out this article to identify your system’s best DLL file repair tools.
6. Reinstall the affected program
- Press Windows + R together to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text area, and hit Enter.
- Once in the command prompt, input the command below and press Enter.
- Pick the app you want to remove and click the Uninstall button.
- Lastly, check to see if the error has been resolved after running the process.
To conclude, strictly follow the steps outlined in this article to get the best result possible. We recommend starting with a solution that directly fits your individual needs.
Tell us in the comment section below which of these solutions was the most helpful to you.