Solve rsEngineSvc Related High CPU Problem
The rsEngineSvc process is associated with the RAV Runtime Protection antivirus software and can sometimes consume a high CPU. The rsEngineSvc stands for Reason Core Security Engine Service. The service is legitimate, not a virus.
It may use a high CPU due to the intensive scans it performs, software conflicts, bugs or corruption, or outdated software versions. This issue may result in overall system performance issues, overheating of components, battery drain, and cooling fan noise.
1. Boot the System in Safe Mode
- Press the Windows + S keys to access the search box, enter Recovery options, and click on the correct app to open.
- Then, find Advanced startup and select Restart now.
- When the next window opens, choose Troubleshoot.
- Then click on Advanced options.
- Afterward, select the Startup setting.
- Finally, choose the following option:
2. Manually Delete the Process
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager, and open the Details tab.
- Then, find the rsenginesvc process, right-click it, and click the Open file location option from the context menu.
- If you find it in the Reason Labs directory, select the executable file, and delete it.
- When you receive a confirmation prompt, click the relevant response, and then empty the Recycle Bin.
3. Uninstall the RAV Antivirus
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command, type appwiz.cpl in the text box, and hit Enter.
- Then, choose the RAV Endpoint Antivirus from the app list, and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully complete the uninstall process.
- Also, uninstall any other programs on your PC from Reason Labs.
- Finally, restart your PC and confirm that rsenginesvc is no more.
4. Perform a System Restore
- Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to begin the Run dialog on your PC and enter
rstrui. Press Enter after to open it.
- Select the Choose a different restore point option when the System Restore wizard comes up.
- Then, tap the Next button to proceed.
- Once the next window opens, select your restore point and click Next.
- Allow the process to run and complete.
- Finally, click Finish when the restore is complete.
5. Reset Windows
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously, click System on the left and click Recovery on the right.
- Then, click Reset PC next to Reset this PC.
- Afterward, select your desired factory reset type.
- You may decide either to keep your personal files, or completely delete all the files, apps and settings on the system.
- To keep your files, click Keep my files.
- Then, click Cloud download to reinstall Windows online or Local reinstall to install from a copy available on your device.
- Afterward, click Next.
- Finally, click the Reset button.
In conclusion, the rsEngineSvc process can cause high CPU usage behind sluggish systems and frustrated users. Understanding its role in RAV antivirus and exploring the potential causes of its high CPU demands can help to reclaim system resources and regain control.
Ensure you monitor CPU usage in Task Manager to identify patterns and potential triggers. Keep Windows and other software updated to address known bugs and compatibility issues. Consider system optimization tools to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.