A detailed guide on how to send email attachments on Gmail
Emails can be sent and received for free using the well-known service Gmail. To send a Gmail email as a file attachment is another feature offered by this app, and this can facilitate sending large documents, pictures, movies, and other kinds of files to other people.
Sending a Gmail email as a file attachment can be done in a few different ways, and in this guide, we will cover the best ways to do this. If this sounds good to you, stay with us to the very end.
1. Forward an email as an attachment
Sending an email as an attachment is quite straightforward. follow the steps below to learn how to do this.
- Look for your Gmail application, and click on it to open.
- Locate the email you want to send as an attachment, right-click on it, and choose the Forward as attachment option.
- Add a recipient in the To field, insert a Subject, write your message, then click on Send when you are done.
- Doing this will send your email as a file attachment.
2. Add a file attachment with Gmail
You can also add a file attachment to the content of your mail by simply following the steps outlined below.
- Click on the Compose option to start a new mail.
- Next, click on the attach file icon at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the files you want to send, then click Open.
- The files you have chosen will be added to your email as attachments.
3. Use the drag and drop feature
The drag-and-drop feature is another way of easily adding attachments to your emails. The steps below will show you how to do this.
- Open a new email.
- Go to your file explorer and look for the files you want to upload as attachments.
- Using the left button of your mouse, hold and drag the required file over to the area of your email that has the Drop them here message. If you do not see this option, it means that your browser does not support drag-and-drop attachments.
- Once you release the mouse button, the files will be attached to your email.
4. Send attachments using Google Drive
Sending attachments using Google Drive is also possible and quite simple to do. Follow the steps below to learn how to do this.
- Open a new email by clicking the Compose button.
- Choose the Google Drive icon at the bottom of the page to insert files.
- In the new window, choose the files you want to send and indicate if you want to send them by Drive Link or Attachment.
- Lastly, click on the Insert button to add the files to your email.
Wrapping things up
The steps outlined in this guide will help you successfully send a Gmail email as a file attachment. Go through the various steps and select the one that works best for you. For further questions, reach out to us via the comment section below. If you would also like to learn how to archive emails on Outlook, check out the linked post.