Send Photos From Your Android Phone to Anyone, Anywhere
Nowadays, it is common to send photos through text message apps and email apps, and this feature is available on Android phones. Sharing pictures has become essential to communication. This article will discuss two well-known photo-sharing methods for informal and formal purposes: email and text messaging.
Send Photos using the Android Text Messaging app
Sending photos using the Android text messaging app is simple. The default messaging app contains functionalities for sending various file types, including photos. Rather than send the message as SMS, because of the presence of a media file, it will send it as MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service).
Follow these steps to send a photo:
- Open your phone’s text messaging app.
- Then, click the icon to start a new message.
- When a fresh messaging page opens, enter the destination phone number.
- Then, click the Plus icon to expand the list of possible file attachments.
- Select the Gallery icon on the list to access the photos.
- Select the intended photo(s).
- Finally, include texts as necessary and tap the Send icon to send the message.
Send Photos using the Android Emailing app
Sending photos using the Android emailing app is also straightforward. The app, sometimes a default app or installed, can send various file types, including photos, as attachments. One of the emailing apps that comes by default is Gmail. Use the following steps to send a photo with Gmail:
- Locate and open the Gmail app.
- Then, click the Compose button to start a new message.
- When a fresh page opens, enter the destination email address in the To field, add a Subject, and click the Attachment icon on the top right of the screen.
- Either select Attach file to send photos locally from your device or Insert from Drive to choose from your cloud storage.
- Once the next page opens, click the Hamburger menu icon to reveal the sidebar.
- On the sidebar, click your preferred photo app to view the photos.
- Then, select the intended photo(s) and click Done when you finish selecting.
- Finally, add texts as necessary and click the Send icon to send the message.
Send Photos using the Android Photos app
Sending photos using the Android Photos app is preferred when a user doesn’t want to go through the hassle of searching for photos in the folders where images show in tiny thumbnails. It is possible to send photos on Android using text message or email apps directly from the app. Here is how to do it:
- Locate and open the photo app. In this solution, we will use the default Google Photos.
- Then, locate the photo(s) you want to share and click the Share icon.
- Once the share window opens, click More to open all the available apps that can receive photos.
- Click on either the text message app or the email app as appropriate.
- When the app opens, enter the required destination info.
- Finally, add the necessary associated texts and click the Send icon to send the photo(s).
In conclusion, email and text messages are two of the most popular methods to send photos on Android, and both have advantages and disadvantages. Email is a good choice for sending multiple or for sending them in high quality.
Regarding sending photos quickly, text messaging is a convenient option. Compress photos when sending multiple photos by text. Convert them to a different format if the receiver doesn’t use Android. Check the text message plan for any file size or type restrictions.