Reinstall the Sling app to fix this error
Viewers who want to enjoy a ton of content should check out Sling TV, a fantastic OTT platform. Like Netflix, Sling functions across a variety of devices. The only difference is that you can watch it like you would old-fashioned satellite TV, with various channels.
However, there are a lot of problems associated with this viewing platform, a popular error you could encounter is the Sling error 22-30. This article will help you understand why this error occurs and give you effective steps to fix the problem.
What is the Sling error 22-30?
The Sling error 22-30 is an error code you might face when running the service. There are many reasons why this error occurs. Some of the most common causes include:
- Network issues – Since the Sling service relies heavily on the internet, if there is an issue with your network or you are using a slow internet, you will encounter this error.
- Server issues – This error will be displayed if the Sling service servers are down or under maintenance.
- Bugs or glitches in the system – The presence of bugs and glitches in the system can also cause this error to appear.
- Interference from VPN – You could also be experiencing this error because your VPN is blocking the service.
How do I fix the Sling error 22-30?
Try out these prefixes before going to our more comprehensive solutions.
- Verify your internet connection – Ensure you are connected to a fast internet connection, as a slow network will often lead to this problem. You can also try using a different network to fix this problem.
- Check if your browser is compatible with Sling TV – Verify that your Sling TV is compatible with the browser you are using.
- Restart your device – Performing this action will help remove any bug or glitch causing this error.
If the steps above do not work, follow the solutions listed below.
1. Perform a power cycle on your router
- Remove the power cable for your router.
- Wait for some time (30- 40 seconds).
- Reconnect the ethernet cable and power cable.
- Relaunch the Sling TV and check if the Sling error 22-30 error has been fixed.
2. Disable your VPN
- Hold Windows + S to open the search bar, type Settings in the text field, and select the relevant option.
- Next, click Network & Internet on the left pane and choose VPN on the right.
- Select the VPN you want to disable, then click the Disable button.
- Finally, check if this process helped fix the Sling error 22-30.
3. Reinstall the Sling TV application
- Click the Windows + S keys together to open the Search bar, type apps & features in the text field, and choose the relevant option.
- Once in the Apps & features menu, look for the Sling TV app, click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Follow any other on-screen instructions to remove the app.
- Once the app is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store to download the latest version.
4. Contact customer support
If you have tried all the steps outlined in this article and the Sling error 22-30 persists, try contacting customer support. The support team can give you valuable tips tailored to your individual needs.
You can contact the support team at (888) 308-0784. Make sure to explain your problem in detail to enable them to give you the best possible solution.
In conclusion, following the steps in this article will help you overcome the sling error 22-30 and return to watching your favorite shows. We have not arranged the steps in this article in any particular order, so ensure to try different solutions till you fix the problem.