Clearing the DNS cache will usually fix this error
Star Citizen is a multiplayer space trading and combat simulation game that many gaming enthusiasts worldwide enjoy. But many users have also complained about the Star Citizen entitlement processing error, which has burdened many gamers, preventing them from accessing their games.
In this article, we will provide solutions to overcome this problem and allow you to get back to enjoying your favorite games.
Possible causes for Star Citizen entitlement processing error?
There are many possible causes for the Star Citizen entitlement processing error. Some of the most common ones include:
- Server problems – Problems with the game servers can cause the entitlement processing error.
- Bugs in the game’s system – Another common cause for this error is the presence of bugs or glitches in the system.
- Unstable Internet connection – A weak or unstable Internet connection is another cause of this error.
- Outdated version of the game – If you are running the game on an outdated version, you will encounter this issue.
Having a solid knowledge of the major causes of the entitlement processing error, let us look at some ways to fix this issue.
How do I fix the Star Citizen entitlement processing error?
Before jumping into our more robust solutions, we recommend trying these quick fixes.
- Try again another time – In some cases, the problem might only last a few minutes or hours, in which case waiting will fix it. This is especially true if the problem stems from a server-related issue.
- Restart the game – Restart it after closing the launcher to give it another shot. This can assist in clearing the game’s cache and resolving any temporary bugs or errors.
Try the solutions below if the steps above do not fix this error.
1. Use Task Manager to end the game
- Hold the Windows + X keys simultaneously and choose the Task Manager.
- Select the game from the list, right-click on it, and choose End task.
- After completing this process, check whether the Star Citizen entitlement processing error has been fixed.
2. Delete the game folder
- Hold the Windows + R keys together, enter appdata in the text field, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Local folder.
- Locate your game, right-click on it, and choose Delete.
- After this process, verify to know if the error persists.
3. Verify your account status
Ensure your payment information is current, and your account is in good standing. Your ability to access your entitlements could be hindered if your account has problems.
4. Clear the DNS cache
- Hold the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, hold Ctrl + Shift, then hit Enter to launch the command prompt in administrator mode.
- In the command prompt, type the following command below and press Enter.
- After clearing the DNS cache, check if the Star Citizen entitlement processing error persists.
5. Contact support
You might need to contact Star Citizen support if none of the aforementioned actions succeed. They can support you in troubleshooting the problem and finding a solution.
In conclusion, the Star Citizen entitlement processing error can be frustrating, but with the solutions listed in this article, you can easily overcome the problem.
Following these steps diligently will help you get the best possible result. Tell us in the comment section below which steps were the most effective.
Also, you can check out this other article about how to fix errors on Steam clients.