Step-by-step fixes to get back to gaming on Steam
It is important to understand why a steamclient64.dll file is missing and why the errors may occur. It is widespread among users to experience circumstances where software does not work due to faults in DLL files.
In this light, we will talk about what this error is. We will also talk about what causes this error and the possible solutions for those errors. The Steam Client is one of the most popular digital game stores where you can buy various games.
What is steamclient64.dll?
The steamclient64.dll file is a third-party DLL file developed and released by Valve. The file is usual among Steam users and may trip when the file is missing, corrupt, or the Steam client installation is incomplete.
The DLL file is not a system DLL file. Windows incorporates it upon installation of the Steam client into your computer system.
Why is steamclient64 dll not found?
There are several reasons responsible for this error to occur, and they may include:
- Malware or Virus: Removing the steamclient64.dll file accidentally or maliciously by malware can cause the error.
- Hardware Failure: An hardware failure or system instability may corrupt or delete the file.
- The version of the app: If the Steam client requiring is not up to date or is missing the DLL file, the error can occur.
- Outdated Windows: The file could be missing due to missing or incomplete Windows updates.
- Broken installation or download: Once the steamclient64.dll file was missing on installation, it could result from an incomplete installation or download.
How do I fix a missing steamclient64 dll?
Before applying the solutions below, try these initial fixes first:
- Repair DLL Files: Using the correct DLL repair tools to fix a missing steamclient64.dll typically provides a more comprehensive solution than simply manually locating and replacing the file.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Steam: Reinstalling Steam will fix and replace corrupt files and replace them with fresh, working versions of the DLL library.
- Restart your PC: Restarting your PC is usually one of the easiest solutions for steamclient64.dll error. It helps clear temporary files or errors and fix various hardware and software problems.
- Refresh Concerned App: By refreshing concerned app data, you can restore and reinstall the necessary files for the application to run.
- Confirm Windows OS is updated: This can help prevent compatibility issues or security vulnerabilities associated with an out-of-date version.
- Delete affected App: You should delete any program, app, or game causing that error to occur and reinstall it.
- Use Registry Cleaner: Ensure you clean and optimize your registry with the appropriate registry cleaner.
- Run SFC scan: Run an SFC scan even though you have an antivirus program. Do not only depend on Windows Defender.
1. Manually download and install steamclient64.dll
- Firstly, open the DLL download website.
- Then, search for the steamclient64.dll to install using the search field to find the file.
- When the results display, click on the file link.
- When you see the available DLL files, choose the latest file most suitable for your computer and click Download.
- After downloading, unzip the file and copy it to the program’s directory where the DLL file has been missing.
- Or you can move the DLL file to the system directory following the paths:
- After that, restart the computer.
2. Update Visual C++Redistributable Package
- Start the download page for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update package in your browser, then click the Download button when it opens.
- Then select a vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) download architecture option, depending on your PC.
- When the download completes, start File Explorer by pushing the Windows & E keys simultaneously.
- Then open the folder that contains the Visual C++ you just downloaded.
- After that, click on the Visual C++ package setup to launch the installer.
- Lastly, tick the I agree checkbox and select Install to initiate installation.
3. Repair Steam files by refreshing it
- Open the File Explorer window by pressing the Windows and E keys together and locate the folder that contains Steam.
- When you find the Steam folder, delete all its files and folders except Steam.exe, steamapps and userdata.
- After that, restart your computer and start Steam.
- Then, observe for the errors if it occurs again.
4. Run Steam as an Admin
- Launch Steam on your computer.
- Then, press the crtl + shift + esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, find Steam. Right-click on the Steam app and click on Properties.
- Then, click the Compatibility tab and select Run this program as an administrator.
- After that, click Apply and OK to save settings.
5. Scan for virus
- In the search box, search for Windows Security.
- Click on the relevant search result to open the application.
- Now click Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on the Scan option to view all available scans.
- Choose the Full scan option and click the Scan now button to do a deep scan on your PC for viruses or malware.
In conclusion, you can skillfully fix the steamclient64.dll error with the five solutions above. As a last resort, you can do a system restore to fix the problem from the root. The fixes can help you eliminate this problem and remove all associated frustrations.
With this, we end this guide on fixing the steamclient64.dll error message on your computer. If you have any questions, feedback, or other issues, comment using the comment section below, and we will revert as soon as possible.