Turning off personalized apps will help resolve this problem
Having to deal with numerous annoying ads is something that any Windows user should not experience as these ads can be intrusive and slow down productivity. Sadly, this problem is common as many Windows users have complained about it.
Fortunately, this guide has been written with you in mind. We will explore some of the reasons why you might be having numerous pop-up ads on your Windows 11 device and the steps to take to remove these annoying ads permanently. If this sounds good to you, stay with us to the very end of this guide.
Why Do Pop-Ups Keep Appearing on My Windows 11 Device?
There are various reasons why you could be having numerous ads popping up on your Windows 11 device. Some of the most common causes are outlined below.
- The most common reason why you might be having this problem is if your device has been infected by viruses/malware. In this case, we recommend using reliable anti-virus programs to scan your device.
- Another reason you could be having this problem is if you recently installed a new program. Some programs might come with these pop-ups, and although some are legitimate, others could be harmful.
- You will have this problem if your notification settings are set to accept pop-up ads. In this case, turning off this setting will resolve the issue.
You should exercise caution if you are experiencing an unusually high number of pop-ups. None of the advertisements should be clicked, even if they appear genuine. These advertisements frequently direct you to dangerous websites where malware can infect your machine.
Run a virus scan on your computer to get rid of any harmful software if you think it may have been compromised. Try removing any recently installed programs or extensions if you’re not sure why you’re seeing the pop-ups.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-Ups on Windows 11
1. Turn off App Notification
In Windows 11, disabling app notifications can be a potent tool for combating intrusive pop-up advertisements. You may cut off the communication channel that these apps utilize to force unwanted content onto your screen by turning off app notifications. This effectively cuts off these ads, resulting in a more serene and concentrated Windows 11 experience. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings app.
- Click System on the left pane, then select Notifications on the right.
- Once you are in the Notifications tab, turn off the toggle to stop getting notifications.
- Doing this will ensure that you do not get any Windows 11 pop-up notifications.
2. Disable Ads From Bloatware
Learning how to disable pop-up ads in Windows 11 frequently necessitates addressing the underlying cause of the problem, and bloatware is one important factor to consider. These pre-installed apps occasionally include ad-generating capabilities or collaborate with ad networks, causing an excessive amount of annoying interruptions to bombard your screen.
Disabling Bloatware by following the instructions below can stop these ad-spawning channels, which will silence the pop-up notifications and give you back your peace of mind.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
- Locate the bloatware you would like to remove from the list of apps.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the app, and choose Uninstall.
- Select Uninstall again to confirm.
- Follow any other on-screen instructions to complete the process, and repeat this step for every other app you want to remove.
3. Turn off Windows Tips and Suggestions
The two main offenders that allow annoying pop-ups to appear are “Offer suggestions on how I can set up my device” and “Get tips and suggestions when I use Windows options.” Both of these can be silenced by turning off Windows Tips and Suggestions in Windows 11.
These settings bombard you with uninvited advice and advertising messages, frequently interfering with your workflow and cluttering your screen. By following the steps below, you may retake control over your Windows experience and enjoy a cleaner, more focused desktop environment by disabling these internal ad producers.
- Open Settings by pressing Windows + I simultaneously.
- Next, navigate to System > Notifications.
- Go down and uncheck the box for the Offer suggestions on how I can set up my device and Get tips and suggestions when I use Windows options.
- Check if this step has helped to stop pop-up ads in Windows 11
4. Turn Off Personalized Ads
By preventing the tracking and targeting that drives these intrusive pop-up advertising, disabling personalized adverts in Windows 11 can drastically cut down on their frequency. These advertisements frequently show up based on your surfing preferences and interests, which are gathered by Microsoft and other businesses.
You can cut off the link between your online activity and the ad content you see by turning off this customization, which significantly reduces the likelihood that businesses will target you with annoying pop-up ads. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Hold Windows + I to open the Settings application.
- Next, navigate to Privacy & security > General.
- Finally, disable the toggle for the Let apps show me personalized ads using my advertising ID option.
5. Remove Ads From File Explorer
Removing Windows 11 ads in File Explorer might be a useful tool to combat intrusive pop-ups in addition to simplifying your browsing. Numerous invasive advertisements infiltrate File Explorer disguising as notifications and promotional offers. Your capacity to be bombarded with unsolicited pop-ups is effectively stopped when you remove these ad-generating features completely.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Once the File Explorer is opened, click on the three tiny dots at the top, and select Options from the list.
- Navigate to the View tab, then under the Advanced settings section, untick the box that says Show sync provider notifications.
- Finally, click OK, and check if this step has helped to stop pop-up ads in Windows 11.
6. Stop Pop-Ups From Your Web Browser
Pop-ups can usually be blocked using the built-in pop-up blocker found in most web browsers. Most pop-up blockers provide settings that you can change to either allow pop-ups on specific websites or completely disable them, like in the case of Google Chrome.
- Launch your web browser.
- Click the three tiny dots at the top right corner, and choose Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security option, look for the Pop-ups and redirect section, and choose Block pop-ups and redirects.
- Save the changes you made and see if the Windows 11 pop-up notifications have stopped.
Wrapping things up
The steps outlined in this article will help you easily stop pop-up ads in Windows 11. Ensure to follow these steps carefully to get a positive result. If you have further questions, reach out to us via the comment section below.