Verify the game files to overcome this error
The Tarkov error 229 is a serious problem many gamers face while playing Battlestate games. This error could lead to a ban on your account if you do not correctly troubleshoot the problem, making it an urgent error to fix.
In this article, we will give you some easy but effective steps you could take to troubleshoot this error and also help you know why you are facing this error to guard against it in the future.
What is the Tarkov error with code 229?
The Tarkov error with code 229 is an error code that appears when the game’s launcher cannot connect to the download servers. Usually, an out-of-date patch is to blame. There are various reasons for this error, and these causes will be explained in more detail below.
What causes Tarkov error 229?
Some of the major causes of the Tarkov error 229 include:
- Outdated game patch – An outdated game patch is the most common cause of this error. An outdated game patch will not work well with the game servers resulting in this error.
- Poor network connection – If your internet connection is weak or unstable, you will frequently encounter this error.
- Server issues – If the servers are under maintenance or are going through an update, this error will be displayed.
- Bugs in the game – The presence of bugs can also be a factor behind the Tarkov error 229.
- Virus/malware attack – You could also be experiencing this error if a virus has infected your device. We recommend a reliable antivirus.
How do I fix Tarkov error 229?
Quickly try these prefixes before heading to our more comprehensive solutions.
- Verify your network connection – Ensure your internet connection is strong and stable. You can achieve this by restarting your router, changing your network connection to a mobile hotspot, or using another router.
- Restart the game – Restarting your game is an excellent way to remove minor glitches that could be causing this error.
- Restart your device – Restarting your device is another crucial step as this process helps to resolve minor glitches and potentially fix this problem.
1. Verify your game files
- Launch your game library on Steam.
- Right-click on your game and choose Properties.
- In the Properties menu, choose LOCAL FILES.
- On the next page, select Verify integrity of game files.
- Your device will immediately begin to check the integrity of your game files.
- After completing the verification process, relaunch the game and check if the Tarkov error 229 has been fixed.
2. Update the games
- Launch the Steam application on your device and click on Library at the top.
- Right-click on the game and choose Properties from the list of options.
- Click the Updates tab.
- From the Automatic updates menu choose Always keep this game up to date.
- After successfully updating the game, check to see if the Tarkov error 229 persists.
3. Contact customer support
If you have tried every other solution without success, contact customer support for assistance on this problem. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe the error in detail to let the team know how best to support you.
You can also ask them any other question that might bother you, including if error 229 is a wide ban.
How do I appeal a Tarkov ban?
You can appeal a Tarkov ban by following the steps below.
- Log into your account by clicking the LOGIN button.
- Choose the CONTACT SUPPORT button.
- In the SELECT CATEGORY drop-down menu, choose Account.
- Describe your problem in detail to appeal your Tarkov ban and click the SUBMIT button.
This article has successfully walked you through the causes of the Tarkov error 229 and provided solutions to combat this error. Ensure to diligently follow the steps listed in this article to overcome this problem.