Clearing the application data and cache is a great way to fix this error
With over one billion active users, TikTok is among the most widely used social networking sites worldwide. It’s a fantastic opportunity to express yourself, meet new people, and connect with friends. But just like every social media site, TikTok has its share of issues. One common issue that many users face is that TikTok is not loading or working correctly.
This problem can be very annoying, particularly when you’re attempting to view a video or make your own material. In this article, we will cover the best solutions for this error and also outline some strategies to resolve its most frequent causes.
Before trying anything advanced, we recommend making use of the quick fixes below.
- The first step you should take to fix this error is to verify your internet connection. A slow or unstable network connection could lead to various issues including TikTok not working properly. You could also switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data and see if it works.
- Next, you should try to restart the application. Sometimes, this is all it takes to fix the problem.
- If restarting the app does not work, you should restart your device. Restarting your device can help start the application in a fresh state and potentially resolve the issue.
If the steps above do not work, go ahead with our more comprehensive solutions below.
1. Clear the app data and cache
If TikTok is not functioning properly, clearing the app’s data and cache can help fix the issue by eliminating any outdated or corrupted files that might be the source of the issue. It works similarly to restarting your phone or computer, but it removes all of the temporary files that TikTok has generated. Follow the steps outlined below to do this.
- Open the application on your device, and click on your profile at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next, click on the three-line icon at the top right corner.
- Next, click on the Settings and Privacy option.
- Now, go down and choose Free up space.
- Lastly, click on the Clear button next to Cache.
- After completing this process, check to see if TikTok is now working properly.
2. Check for updates
If TikTok is not functioning properly, checking for updates can help repair the problem as TikTok publishes updates frequently to fix bugs and enhance performance. An out-of-date version of TikTok may have bugs that need to be fixed or don’t work properly with your hardware or operating system. To check for updates, follow the steps outlined below.
- On your device, navigate to the Google Play store.
- Next, In the search bar, type TikTok and select the relevant option.
- If an update is available, download and install it. If an update is not available, then it means you are using the most recent version.
3. Reinstall the application
The software’s core files may be broken if your TikTok app keeps giving you trouble. In this case, your only option is to reinstall the program since you are unable to view or edit these files.
By doing this, the app’s current files are deleted and new, functional files are installed. Your TikTok account files are not lost, but when you re-download the program, you will need to log back into it. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Look for the TikTok icon on your mobile device, then tap and hold it.
- Once the pop-up menu appears, choose the Uninstall option.
- After removing the application, go back to the Google Play Store and reinstall the program.
4. Make use of a VPN program
Another reason why you could have this error is because TikTok is restricted in your country. Because of the restricted access to its servers, the app will not load any content in this scenario. Using a VPN app is one method to get around this issue because it can help you bypass your country’s limitations and send your data via a middle server.
There are many VPN software to choose from, however, we have compiled a list of the best VPN programs you can try out.
Sometimes, you might be having this problem because the application is experiencing a downtime. To verify this, navigate to the Downdetector to know if this is the cause. If this is the case, then there is nothing to do except wait for the servers to come back up.
If you have carefully followed this guide to the end, you should be able to confidently resolve errors with your TikTok account. If you need additional assistance, reach out to us via the comment section below. To learn how to turn off restricted mode on TikTok, check out the linked post.