Over the years, many people have relied heavily on online maps to get directions to various locations. This has worked perfectly for many people but this feature is limited as it only works with a reliable network connection. However, with various advances, it is now possible to use the map offline on Windows 11.
This improvement is quite useful as it can be used at all times without needing to worry about having an internet connection. In this guide, we will show you how to download and use these offline maps on your Windows device.
1. Download Offline Maps on Windows 10
A Maps app is included with Windows 10 that enables location searching, turn-by-turn directions, and the ability to view points of interest wherever you are. You can use these features if you download offline maps on your computer if you know you won’t have an internet connection.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application.
- Select System.
- Next, choose Offline maps.
- Click the + button for the Download maps option.
- Select your desired continent.
- Next, choose a region where you want to download.
- After the download is complete, you should be able to access the map while offline.
2. Download Offline Maps on Windows 11
Windows 11 users are also able to download maps for offline usage. follow the steps below to easily download and use maps even without an internet connection.
- Hold Windows + I to open the Settings application.
- Select Apps from the left tab and choose Offline maps on the right.
- Next, click the Download maps button.
- Choose the continent of your choice.
- Lastly, click Download for the country you want on the offline map.
- Finally, the chosen offline map will begin to download. Once it is downloaded, you will be able to access it offline.
Following the steps above, you should be able to download and use the map offline on your Windows 11 device. Ensure to follow the steps exactly as outlined to get a positive result.