Using the system restore to revert your computer to an earlier state will fix this error
You are probably reading this article because you are facing the vcomp110 DLL not found or missing error. If this is the case, you do not need to panic, as many users worldwide also face this problem regularly.
There are many ways to fix this error, and in this article, we will provide these solutions for you so that you can effectively eliminate this error permanently.
What is vcomp110.dll?
VCOMP110.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. It helps store codes or procedures specific apps or games need to run properly. Multiple programs or games can use this file, saving you memory space and making your system run faster. If this file is missing from your device, you will encounter the vcomp110.dll error.
Some other ways this error can manifest include:
- The file vcomp110.dll is missing
- Vcomp110.dll Not Found. This application failed to start because vcomp110.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: vcomp110.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again
- Cannot find [PATH]\vcomp110.dll. The program can’t start because vcomp110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
Why is vcomp110 DLL not found?
Some of the most basic causes for this error are listed below.
- You will encounter this error if the DLL files needed by certain apps or games are missing from your computer.
- You could also face this error because the DLL files are damaged or corrupt.
- Another possible cause for this error is a virus or malware attack. A virus can disrupt the normal functioning of your system, making you experience this error.
How do I fix a missing vcomp110 DLL?
Try out these quick workarounds before heading to our more comprehensive solutions.
- Check the recycle bin – If the files were accidentally deleted, go to your recycle bin and restore the files back to their original location. This should quickly fix the error.
- Run a malware scan – Use reliable antivirus software to perform a system scan. If you need suggestions, check out our list of the best antivirus without ads that you can try immediately.
- Get the file from a trusted computer – You can also fix this error by transferring the missing files from another PC. To do this, get a PC that runs the same architecture as your device, copy the files from the device then send them to your computer.
- Reinstall the affected program – You can also reinstall the affected program to resolve this error.
- Update your operating system – Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
If the steps above do not work, use the steps listed below to fix the error.
1. Download Visual C++ Redistributable packages
- Navigate to Microsoft’s official website to get the most recent version of the Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Run the setup for each file and follow the on-screen instructions to correctly install the file.
- Now install the other redistributables you downloaded.
- Lastly, check whether this process has fixed the vcomp110 DLL error.
2. Manually download the file
- Head over to DLL-files.com to begin.
- Select the Download button to get your files. Ensure that the file you download matches the architecture of your computer.
- Unzip all the files after the download is complete.
- Finally, re-run the program and see if the vcomp110 DLL error persists.
3. Use an automatic repair tool
Use DLL repair software to detect, analyze, and resolve this error automatically. Although the market has various DLL repair tools, not all are excellent.
Go to this article to get your system’s best DLL repair tools. The article is dedicated to helping you find the best DLL file repair and system optimization tools.
4. Perform a system restore
- Hold the Windows + R keys together, type cmd, then hold Ctrl + Shift simultaneously and hit Enter to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Input the command below in your command prompt and hit Enter.
- Click Next.
- Choose a restore point that goes way back before you started having this problem and click Next.
- Click Finish to confirm your decision.
- Taking your computer to an earlier state should eliminate the vcomp110 DLL error.
In conclusion, the steps outlined in this article have not been arranged in any particular order, so start with any solution that best fits your needs.
Tell us in the comment section below which solutions this article listed were the most helpful to you.