Run the SFC and DISM scan to fix this error
The vcruntime140_app DLL not found or missing error can pop up when you try to open certain apps or games, which is quite annoying for many users. This article will help you understand why this error is coming up and provide some troubleshooting techniques to overcome the problem.
What is vcruntime140_app.dll?
Vcruntime140_app DLL is a dynamic link library file containing various instructions that various pieces of software may require to function correctly. If this file is missing, you might get a DLL error message like the ones below.
- Vcruntime140_app.dll is missing
- Cannot register vcruntime140_app.dll
- Vcruntime140_app.dll not found
- Vcruntime140_app.dll Access Violation
Why is vcruntime140_app DLL not found?
Various factors are behind this error message. Some of these causes are listed below.
- This error can arise if you accidentally delete the DLL files an application needs to run properly.
- Another common cause for this error is if the DLL files are corrupted or damaged.
- You will also get this error if the files have been moved from their original location.
- A malware or virus attack will also cause this error to arise.
How do I fix a missing vcruntime140_app DLL?
We recommend trying these quick workarounds before heading to our more comprehensive guide.
- Check the recycle bin – If the files were accidentally deleted, simply going to the recycle bin and restoring them to their original location should solve the problem.
- Update drivers – Ensure that all your drivers are running on the latest updates because an outdated driver might run into compatibility issues leading to this error.
- Perform a system scan – Malware and viruses are also responsible for this error, so a virus scan should resolve this problem. Since the Windows Defender might not detect the malware, we recommend going through our list of the best antivirus without ads to get reliable antivirus software.
- Reinstall the problematic application – This error can be fixed simply by reinstalling the program.
If the steps above do not work, try out the solutions below.
1. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages
- Navigate to Microsoft’s official website to get the most recent version of the Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Run the setup for all the files and follow any on-screen instructions to correctly install the file.
- Now install the other redistributables you previously downloaded.
- Lastly, re-run the program and see if the vcruntime140_app DLL error persists.
2. Run the SFC and DISM scan
- Hold the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue, type cmd, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter simultaneously to launch the command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Paste the command below in the command prompt and press Enter.
sfc / scannow
- After successfully running this program, return to the command prompt, input the command below, and hit Enter.
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- Patiently wait for this process to finish, then relaunch the program and see if the vcruntime140_app DLL problem has disappeared.
3 Make use of an automatic repair tool
Additionally, you can automatically fix this error using DLL repair software. Although the market has a lot of DLL repair tools, not all of them are excellent. Due to this, we have spent some time looking up the best and most reputable DLL repair tools available online.
Read this article to get the best DLL repair tools for your system. The article is dedicated to helping you find the best tools for DLL file repair and system optimization.
4. Re-register all DLL files on your PC
- Press Windows + R together to launch the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field, and hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Paste the command below in your command prompt and hit Enter.
for %1 in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %1
- After completing this process, close the command prompt and restart your PC.
- This step should help fix the vcruntime140_app DLL not found or missing error.
If you closely followed the steps in this article, you should be able to confidently troubleshoot your PC and permanently remove the vcruntime140_app DLL error. The steps in this article have not been arranged in any particular order, so start with any solution that best meets your needs.