Verifying your game files will help you overcome this problem
The Vex input error resetting Vex lock is a popular problem among gamers worldwide, and this can be quite annoying because the error code is tricky to resolve and can prevent you from accessing your favorite games as well.
We have conducted our research and have discovered some possible causes. This article will explain them and provide simple solutions to fix the Destiny 2 Lightfall Vex input error.
What causes the Vex input error resetting Vex lock?
According to our research, some factors are behind this error displaying on your screen, and some of these causes include:
- Poor Internet connection – If you use a weak or unstable network connection, you will frequently encounter this error code.
- Anti-virus or firewall interference – Sometimes, your antivirus or firewall might interfere with properly running your games. Leading to the vex input error resetting vex lock issue.
- Server issues – You will likely get this error if the game servers are down or under maintenance.
- Bugs in the game – The presence of bugs in the game system can also cause this problem.
- Virus infection – If a virus or malware has infected your device, you will frequently encounter this problem.
How do you fix Vex input error resetting Vex lock?
Before going straight into our main solutions, we recommend trying these quick fixes.
- Verify your network connection – Check to see if you are connected to the internet and if your network connection is strong and stable.
- Power cycle your router – Do this by pressing the power button at the back of your router, remove the power cables, wait for some minutes, then plug back the cables and turn on your router.
- Restart the game – Restarting your game can help fix glitches in your device and potentially resolve this problem.
- Try again another time – Waiting and trying some other time can also be a great solution because, at times, there might be some temporary problems or upgrade taking place in the game server.
If the steps above do not work, use the solutions below.
The first and most crucial step is ensuring the servers are operational. You can do nothing to correct the error if the servers are down.
Visit Bungie’s website and search for any news or updates about this error to check the server’s status. You might have to wait until the servers are operational again to play your game.
2. Verify your game files
- First, launch Steam on your computer.
- Then, in the main context menu, select Library.
- After that, right-click on the game you want to verify.
- Choose the Properties window and click on the LOCAL FILES tab.
- In the LOCAL FILES menu, click the Verify integrity of game files button and close the program.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check if the vex input error resetting the vex lock persists.
3. Perform a system scan
- Hold the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialogue box, type cmd in the text field, hold Ctrl + Shift, then hit Enter to open the command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Type the command below to locate the latest version of Microsoft Defender and hit Enter.
cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4*
- Next, type the command below to start a full virus scan and hit Enter.
mpcmdrun -scan -scantype 2
- After doing this, Microsoft Defender will scan your system and remove any virus or malware causing the vex input error resetting vex lock problem.
4. Disable UPnP On Your Router
- Enter your login details and IP address to access your router’s settings.
- Go to the Advanced or Security settings menu.
- Disable UPnP by turning off the toggle.
- After this, verify if the input error has been fixed.
5. Clear your cache
- Open your Steam client, navigate to the Steam tab at the top left corner of your screen, and click on Settings.
- Choose Downloads on the sidebar on the left and select CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE at the bottom.
- After completing this process, check whether the error has been fixed.
6. Change your DNS settings
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously and choose the Network & Internet option.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi tab on the left side and click the change adapter options link on the right.
- Right-click on the Wi-Fi and select Properties.
- Scroll down and look for TCP/IPv4, click on it, and click the Properties button.
- Next, click the radio button next to the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter 188.8.131.52 as the preferred DNS and 184.108.40.206 as the alternate DNS server.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes you have made.
- Check to see if this solution has fixed the error.
To conclude, if you diligently apply the solutions listed in this article, you will be able to overcome the vex input puzzle and fix the input error resetting vex lock problem, allowing you to get back to playing your favorite games.