If you’re a fan of The Division 2, you’ve probably heard of the Vile Mask. This powerful exotic gear can significantly boost your damage output, but obtaining it can be challenging.
Well, that ends today. So, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the Vile Mask and answer the following questions:
- What does the vile mask do in Division 2?
- How do you get the Vile Mask?
- How to use Vile Mask effectively?
Before going further, you may be interested in some of our Steam error fixes.
What does the Vile Mask do in Division 2?
You already know if you play the game often, but if you don’t, here you go. The Vile Mask in The Division 2 is an exotic gear item that causes enemies to take damage over time when you inflict a status effect on them.
This can be incredibly useful in both PvP and PvE situations, as it allows you to chip away at your opponents’ health even after you stop attacking them.
Additionally, the Vile Mask can boost your damage output by increasing the damage you deal to enemies affected by status effects.
In fact, some players argue that it is the one gear that you need.
How do you get the vile mask?
To obtain the Vile Mask in The Division 2, you must complete a mission called The Tombs on challenging difficulty or higher (Not a piece of cake, but you can do it).
The mission is part of the Warlords of New York expansion in the Civic Center area of Lower Manhattan.
Once you complete the mission, the Vile Mask will drop as a reward. Remember that exotic gear drops are random, so you may need to run the mission multiple times to get the Vile Mask. We believe you love a challenge, for go for it.
How to use the Division 2 Vile Mask effectively?
- Focus on inflicting status effects on enemies using skills such as the Firestarter Chem Launcher, the Riot Foam Chem Launcher, or the Blinder Firefly.
- Once an enemy is affected by a status effect, they will begin taking damage over time, thanks to the Vile Mask’s unique talent.
- Use weapons with talents or attributes that complement the Vile Mask’s effect, such as the Sadist talent, which deals more damage to enemies affected by a status effect.
- Prioritize targets and focus on removing enemies affected by status effects to maximize the Vile Mask’s power.
- Remember that the Vile Mask’s damage over time effect is most effective against more formidable enemies with higher health pools. It allows you to chip away at their health even after you stop attacking them.
And there you have it. Play away, and good luck to anyone who dares challenge you.
If you think we missed out anything, we sure want to hear from you in the comments section below. Also, you may be interested in our detailed Ring of Oath in Elden Ring.