A detailed guide on how to easily disable the YouTube restricted mode feature on computers and mobile devices
Youtube is a prevalent application with millions of users worldwide, giving users access to numerous exciting videos. However, because some users might be offended by certain videos, the application developed a feature known as YouTube restricted mode.
This guide will discuss what the YouTube restricted mode means and how you can turn it off on your PC and mobile phone.
What is YouTube restricted mode?
Restricted Mode is a YouTube settings feature that allows you to limit the type of content you see on the site. This technique prevents potentially hazardous or offensive YouTube videos from being displayed in search results, suggested video feeds, or anyplace else on the site. Viewers can choose Restricted Mode to prevent a wide range of potentially mature videos.
Why is my YouTube in restricted mode?
- The most common reason why your account is in restricted mode is that you have turned it on yourself. You might have enabled this feature without even knowing.
- Your network administrator might have enabled the restricted mode feature. Corporate or educational networks commonly restrict access to certain content.
- You will also experience this problem if your account is under 18 years old. YouTube will automatically enable this feature to protect minors from inappropriate content.
How do I turn off restricted mode on YouTube on PC?
- Open YouTube on your computer.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click on your profile photo and choose Restricted Mode.
- Then click the toggle to disable the Restricted Mode feature.
- Doing this should take your account out of Restricted Mode.
How do I turn off restricted mode on YouTube Android?
- Launch the YouTube application on your device.
- Click on your profile photo at the top right corner.
- Next, click Settings.
- Now, pick General.
- Finally, scroll down and click the toggle to disable the Restricted Mode option.
This is all we can write about the Restricted Mode on YouTube. Following the steps outlined in this guide will help you successfully overcome this problem on your PC as well as on your mobile device.
If you enjoyed this article, you will also love this other guide that talks about the Best Private Browser Apps for Chromebook.