The Microsoft Edge VPN is an effective tool that you can fully utilize by following the steps listed in this guide
Are you always worried about your online privacy whenever you use the internet? If you answered yes, and if you use Microsoft Edge frequently, there is a great solution for you because Microsoft Edge comes with a built-in VPN feature that provides a more secure online experience.
When using the Microsoft Edge VPN, your IP address is hidden, and your connection is encrypted, improving your online privacy and security. By redirecting your traffic through a remote server that has been specially set up, the VPN service makes it more challenging for outside services to monitor your internet activity.
How to configure Microsoft Edge VPN
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Next, choose Settings and more.
- From the navigation tab on the left-hand side, select Privacy, search, and services.
- Click the toggle for Microsoft Edge Secure Network to enable the VPN function.
- Select your preferred VPN mode (Either Select Sites or Optimized).
- You can also add a list of sites to Microsoft Edge by clicking on the Manage Secure Network sites option.
- Select Add a site to add a list of sites you always want to open using a VPN.
- Select the Add button to register the site.
- Use the Add a site button under the Never Use Secure Network for these sites section to add a list of sites you do not want to access through VPN.
- Once you add the sites, click the Add button to complete the process.
- Finally, this process should automatically start the Microsoft Edge VPN feature.
All Microsoft Edge users who have a Microsoft account can access the Secure Network Service without any fees.
You don’t need to pay a subscription fee or download any additional software. It is simple to enable or disable from the browser’s settings, where you can also select from various parameters to suit your needs.
However, to learn more about VPNs, explore this article on the best VPN for Facebook Privacy.