Downloading the latest version of DirectX can quickly fix this error.
The popular dsound dll missing error is a common problem many Windows users encounter. The problem is pervasive with video games or any graphics-intensive software.
We will explore what is dsound dll file and also look at why the error message is displayed. Finally, we will provide methods to effectively fix this problem and prevent the dsound.dll missing Valorant error.
What is the Dsound DLL file?
The Dsound DLL file is among the numerous files in the DirectX software collection. Like any other Dynamic Link Library, it contains information or codes required by various software components and ensures they function correctly.
Some of the dsound error messages you might encounter on your system include the following:
- File dsound.dll not found
- Dsound.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this
- Dsound.DLL Not Found
- Failed to load library: DSOUND.dll
- The file dsound.dll is missing
These error messages occur as a result of various factors, including:
- Missing DLL files – This is a very common cause of this error. The error will occur if the required DLL files to run a specific program are missing.
- Corrupted DLL files – This error will be displayed if the DLL files for a particular program are corrupt.
- Virus infection – Virus attack also plays an important role in the display of this error.
- Outdated operating system – If your operating system is outdated, you will miss important updates and potentially get the dsound dll error message.
What should I do if dsound dll is missing?
Before trying any troubleshooting technique, we recommend restarting your PC and rerunning the program to see if it works. If this step does not work, check out the solutions below.
1. Manually install the dsound.dll file
- Navigate to DLL-FILES.COM to get your DLL file.
- Input dsound.dll in the text field and click the Search DLL file button.
- Choose your DLL file from the result.
- Go through the instructions for the DLL file you want to download, then choose the Download button depending on the Windows bits version of your computer.
- Once the download is complete, unzip the file and copy it to the program’s directory where the DLL file was missing.
- Lastly, check to see if the problem persists.
2. Download the most recent version of DirectX
- Navigate to the DirectX download page to begin.
- Click the drop-down menu, choose your preferred language, and click the Download button.
- Open the dxwebsetup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Reboot your system and check if the problem has been fixed.
3. Run system restore
- Hold the Windows + R keys, type rstrui.exe in the text field, and hit Enter or OK.
- In the System Restore window, click Next.
- Pick a restore point before you started getting the error and click Next.
- Select the Finish button to apply the changes you have made.
- After completing the process, check whether the error has been fixed
4. Update your drivers
- Hold the Windows + X keys simultaneously and select Device Manager.
- Double-click on the required driver to display more options, right-click and choose Update driver.
- Pick the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Any available update will be installed automatically.
- Finally, check to see if the problem has been fixed.
5. Reinstall the problematic application
- Hold the Windows + X keys simultaneously and select the Run option.
- Input the command below in the command prompt and hit Enter.
- In the Programs and Feature section, choose the program you need to repair and click the Uninstall option.
- After the uninstallation process, reboot your system.
- Once your system is back on, reinstall the program that you just uninstalled.
6. Run the system file checker (SFC)
- Hold the Windows + S keys simultaneously to open the Search bar, type Command Prompt, and choose Run as administrator.
- In the User Account Control (UAC) prompt, select Yes.
- Paste the following command below into the Command Prompt.
- Allow the scan to be completed and see if this error has been resolved.
7. Run a full system scan
- Hold the Windows + S keys simultaneously to open the Search bar, type Windows Security, and choose the related option.
- Choose Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on the Scan options link.
- Choose the radio button next to the Full scan option and hit the Scan now option.
- Allow your system to scan and repair any problem causing the error.
8. Register your dsound.dll file
- Hold the Windows key + R together to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text box, then hold Ctrl + Shift and hit Enter to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- In the command prompt, type regsvr32 DSOUND.DLL and hit Enter.
- Allow Windows to register the DLL, then reboot your system and check if the problem has been resolved.
Following the solutions in this article will help you overcome this problem affecting popular games like dsound.dll GTA 5 and dsound.dll PUBG missing errors.
Check out our other comprehensive fix if you have a missing d3dx9_41 dll error.
The steps in this article have not been arranged in any specific order, so try as many solutions as possible until you can resolve this error.