Skillfully tackle this DLL error with simple and straightforward solutions
XInput1_4.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file that stores data and instructions for executable files. When creating these files, the creators desired that multiple programs share this same DLL file. This process is in place to save essential memory apportions, hence causing the PC to function more efficiently.
However, this DLL file is not without problems. Sharing this DLL file can expose it to vulnerability causing it to get missing or corrupt. This article will analyze several ways to fix this error and return to normal functionality. Before that, let’s learn more about what it is.
What is xinput1_4 dll?
You can also hear others refer to the xinput1_4.dll as Microsoft Common Controller API. It is a DLL file that is usually associated with Windows OS. This file is a critical component that ensures that programs function correctly.
Why is xinput1_4.dll not found?
Users that complain about this error have seen their problem associated with one or more of the following causes:
- When you install the DLL file incorrectly or improperly, it can cause an error to occur. Once the file is corrupt, the DLL error may come up.
- The Windows registry entries must be correct else it can also cause the DLL error to occur.
- Malware or virus can cause the xinput1_4.dll error by corrupting the DLL file.
- This DLL error can also occur if the system files are corrupt or missing.
- Outdated drivers can also cause the DLL error. The drivers must always be up to date. No compromise.
- The conflict between two or more programs can also cause this DLL error.
How do I fix a missing xinput1_4 dll?
As you approach the solutions below for a way out of the problem, try these prefixes first:
- File repair software: Use a trusted corrupt file repair software to repair the file. This tool can help to fix the file and get you back to functionality.
- DLL repair tool: Another solution you can apply is to use a recommended DLL repair tool to remove all corrupt DLL files and replace them with better ones.
- Update drivers: Updating your device drivers can prevent many problems by ensuring compatibility with the latest software and hardware. This process can also help boost performance and stability.
- Antivirus scan: A regular antivirus scan can help keep your system secure and free of malicious software and viruses. It can also detect any corrupted files that could lead to further problems.
- Registry cleaner: A registry cleaner can help keep your system running smoothly by removing defunct registry entries that are no longer needed. This process can help reduce errors and optimize performance.
1. Download xinput1_4.dll file manually
- Firstly, launch the DLL download website on your computer browser.
- Then, enter the search code into the search field to find the file:
- Once the results open, click on the desired DLL file link.
- On the list of available DLL files, choose the latest file most compatible one for your computer and click Download.
- Once the download completes, unzip the file and copy it to the program’s directory where the DLL file has been missing.
- Or just simply move the DLL file to the system directory following the paths:
- After that, restart the computer.
2. Check the file in Recycle Bin
- Open the Recycle Bin by clicking on the icon on your desktop.
- Secondly, enter d3dx9_38.dll in the Recycle Bin’s search box.
- If you find a match for your search, then right-click on the file and select the Undo Delete option.
3. Scan PC for virus
- Push the Windows + S keys down simultaneously, and type Windows Security in the search field. Then open the Windows Security application.
- After opening, click on the Virus & threat protection option.
- Thirdly, click Scan options to see all available scans.
- On the next display, choose the Full scan option, then click Scan now to do a deep scan on your computer for viruses or malware.
4. Update Windows OS
- Firstly, press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings or open by clicking the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Then click the Windows Update option and the Check for updates button to find new updates.
- If Windows has a latest update, it will automatically detect it. Follow the instructions to update Windows.
- Finally, restart your computer.
5. Undo system changes with system restore
- Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to begin the Run dialog on your PC and enter
rstrui. Press Enter after to open it.
- Select the Choose a different restore point option when the System Restore wizard comes up.
- Then, tap the Next button to proceed.
- Once the next window opens, select your restore point and click Next.
- Allow the process to run and complete.
- Finally, click Finish when the restore is complete.
In conclusion, the xinput1_4.dll missing error is like many problems we face in life. It is not without solutions. The five solutions in this guide will help you fix the problem and return to normal operation. We also have other articles that we have written to solve various DLL missing problems. Check them out!
Remember that when you apply the system restore, it should be your last resort. Also, ensure you backup all your data before embarking on that journey. We appreciate feedback on the solutions best tackle your problem. Write us a comment using the comment section below.