Fix this problem by running the SFC and DISM scan
If you are reading this article, you may have the vccorlib140_app DLL not found or missing error. You do not need to panic as this is a common Windows error, and there are ways to resolve this issue.
In this article, we will walk you through the troubleshooting techniques needed to effectively fix this problem and get your device up and running in no time.
What is vccorlib140_app.dll?
Vccorlib140_app.dll is thought to be a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic link libraries, such as vccorlib140_app basically serve as a repository for data and instructions for executable (EXE) files, such as Setup.exe.
Multiple programs could share a single vccorlib140_app thanks to creating these files, saving valuable memory allocation and enhancing your computer’s performance.
Why is vccorlib140_app DLL not found?
This error could arise as a result of many factors. Some of these factors include:
- The most common reason you might encounter this error is if the DLL files are damaged or corrupt.
- Another possible cause for this error is if the location of the files has been changed.
- You will also face this problem if the required redistributables to run specific programs are missing.
How do I fix a missing vccorlib140_app DLL?
We recommend trying out these prefixes before heading over to our main solutions.
- Transfer the file from a trusted PC – To resolve this problem, you could try transferring the missing file from another PC that runs on the same architecture as your own device. The default location of the vccorlib140_app.dll is C:\Windows\System32, so go there, get the file, and send it to your PC.
- Run an antivirus scan – Running a malware scan is another solid step to fix this problem. We recommend using a dedicated malware tool because Windows Defender might not detect this error. If you do not know which tool to use, check out our list of best antivirus without ads for suggestions.
1. Download the file manually
- Navigate to DLL-files.com to get started.
- Click on the Download button to get the file. Ensure to choose the file that matches the architecture of your device (32-bit or 64-bit).
- After downloading the files, unzip all of them.
- Lastly, relaunch the program and see if the vccorlib140_app DLL error persists.
2. Reinstall the problematic program
- Hold the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialogue, type cmd in the text field and click Enter.
- Input the command below in your command prompt and press Enter.
- Select the required application and click the Uninstall button.
- Finally, reboot your computer after this process and check if the vccorlib140_app DLL not found error has been fixed.
3. Download Visual C++ Redistributable packages
- Head over to Microsoft’s official website to get the most recent version of the Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Run the setup for each file and follow any other on-screen instruction to properly install this file.
- Next, install the other redistributables you downloaded earlier.
- This process should help fix the vccorlib140_app DLL not found or missing error.
4. Run the SFC and DISM scan
- Open the Run dialogue by holding Windows + R, type cmd in the text field, then hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Next, input the command below in the command prompt and hit Enter.
sfc / scannow
- Now input the following commands below and hit Enter after each one.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
4. Lastly, check whether the error has been resolved after running these commands.
In conclusion, the steps in this article have been proven to work, so follow them diligently to resolve this error. If you would also like to use an automatic tool to fix this problem, check out our list of best DLL repair tools for your computer.